aoudad 2010

Started by klallen, September 10, 2011, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klallen

got a text from my taxidermist last night.  always fun to get those.  expensive.  but fun.  ran out today to pick up :

really like how this turned out.  crazy looking rams.

k

Alboy

Really nice loking mount.

IMHO they are good eating critters too.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

klallen

thanks, alboy.  i love my taxidermist.  his attention to the minor detail is what makes him special, in my opinion.  and he's fast.  in terms of busy taxidermists up here in mt, anyway.  shot the animal last november.  under a year turn-around for this quality of work would make lots of taxidermists blush.  and their customers green with envy.  lol.

i've never eaten any of my exotic rams.  the reports on table quality have been less then appealing pretty much universally at each one of these places.  so i'm kind of particular on the meat that i bring home for the wife to cook.  she never ate deer or elk as she was growing up, so when she started dating me, i kind of eased her into it and now she enjoys both cooking and eating it, as does my son.  not going to introduce anything that'll mess with that.  most of the ranches we've hunted have had various avenues in place that provide the meat to the less fortunate in the area.  i like that.  a few ranches have simply used it for feed for the dogs or hogs.

talk to ya later.

k

Tags: