How this 'thing' is gonna start out...

Started by gitano, January 27, 2010, 08:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

If you're reading this, you know that Daryl and Rockinbbar have agreed to give a new forum a try. This new forum will operate something like what is described below - at least to start with.

Have a look at the thread in The Campfire for the whole discussion (to date), on the subject. Below is how I described what I was envisioning.

Thanks to Daryl and Rockinbbar for giving this a try.

Paul

Here's AN EXAMPLE of how I think this forum will work.

Let's say the "Reference Library" site exists. Since RJ and I are the only non-Admins so far commenting, I'll use us in example.

recoil junky and gitano are the "moderators/editors". RJ wants to create a reference thread about the equipment needed to get started reloading. HE wanders around THL on HIS time finding all the relevant posts. HE edits them, condenses the information HE finds into something specific and specifically on topic. Once HE has got this specific Reference Thread ready, he sends it to gitano for a second set of eyes to spell-check, grammar check, and make suggestions about. When both RJ and gitano are satisfied with the product, THEY post it. It would include links to SOME of the relevant threads located throughout THL. It would be locked from the start.

After some time, LLANOJOHN, reads the thread, and realizes that something needs to be added, and something needs to be edited. HE contacts RJ or gitano and points out the necessary and suggested changes. RJ, gitano and LLANOJOHN discuss the appropriate modifications. Upon reaching a consensus about the changes, the changes are implemented.
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: