Your own favourite quotes that you or your friends created

Started by kombi1976, June 28, 2023, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

Please add your own. Here's one I made up and another that a colleague said off the cuff.

"You can't please all of the people all of the time, but if you try really hard you can upset everyone at once." 
Kombi1976

"Casual teaching is an oxymoron. It is neither casual, nor is it teaching."
Andrew Holbery
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Jamie.270

"The difference between wanting it and having it,...
Is doing it."

I'll be darned if I can remember where I heard it tho. :(
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

davidlt89

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Jamie.270

I didn't write/create this, but I think it might be the most important statement I've ever heard, as it pertains to science (especially Climate Change):

QuoteIt's better to have questions that cannot be answered, than answers that cannot be questioned
-- Dr. Willie Soon, Astrophysicist and Geoscientist.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

branxhunter

A former work colleague of mine from over 25 years ago:

" That's the trouble with getting your ambitions mixed up with your capabilities" Dennis Holmes

Marcus

Tags: