squirrel season it's in

Started by buckshot roberts, August 31, 2010, 04:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:jumpingsmiley:I'm happy to see squirrel season back in, but not this heat man at 8 am it was eighty degrees. the first time out I set up inbetween two realy big walnut trees and a line of hickory's..I've not seen or found ant cutting sign of what the squirrels are eat'n, So I just set up in this spot hop'n to see a branch dip from the weight of a squirrel, I'm a little at not seeing one after first light, ans the two I did see were a little out of range of my .12ga.
After an hour of looking up I take break and chow down on a snack my girlfriend made for me

good old cold chicken with honey mustard ,some roll's and a cold drink, and yep the next time I look around

a squirrel has
caught me with my mouth full and chicken grease on my hands......If I can take this ol'boys pic, maybe just maybe I can get shot off  before he takes to the air...........

It was nighty five when i put the shot to this ol'boy........He just be the only one today, but after it cools down some more he'll have some friend join him in the ice box.........Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

LvrLover

Nice! I like to wait for the leaves to drop cause I can see them better. Aso hate bugs so I wait til after a couple hard freezes to take care of them.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

gitano

Good story, Buckshot. As I've said many times, after dall sheep, squirrel hunting is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Season opener here this past weekend also...and I've been wearing them out...
Oh!..it's been so good to git back in the woods with someth'n that tho's lead...
Been a bit cooler, early in the mornings and a bit breezier than I like but I've
really enjoyed it just the same....I'm like Paul, squirrel huntin' ranks a VERY
close 2nd to my deer hunt'n......Great stuff Ron.....................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

:D using those paper hull shotshells sure brought back memories of squirrel hunt's.........loved the smell of the powder smoke in the morning.......Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

Ron, it's good to see one of us is in the woods squirrel huntin. I haven't been out this season yet. I don't like this hot dry weather. If we do get a half inch of rain at night, it's all dried out by 10 AM. .....I'll wait. ....Confgrat's on your find.    ......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

Ron, my brother & I went fishing at the farm Thursday, Aug. 23rd but I didn't bother fishing. Sat in the shade & watched the squirrels around the pond. Everything is dried up except the bigger ponds. I counted six greys & one fox in about an hours time. All could have been killed easily with the Ruger Pellet rifle. Made me wish I had it with me. There was one small lone duck on the pond .......Paul H

davidlt89

does the heat make a difference squirrel hunting? Good story! Don't do any "squirrel" hunting up here. Brown one's don't taste that good and what little greys we have are all in the populated areas in town! I think of grouse season as you do squirrel season and it starts friday. Seems to be a lot birds this year! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

David, I just don't like squirrel hunting when it's 90 + degrees. I don't like fishing when it's 90+ degrees either. Just wanted to get my brother out away from his problems a while. The only gun I had at the time was a Hi Point 45 ACP. Haven't shot it yet. It's just for personal protection. Sure wish I had the Ruger pellet rifle along while fishing tho. .....We don't have your pesky red squirrels here. Grey, fox & chipmunks only.  .......Paul H

Tags: