Eric's 13 point

Started by sakorick, November 14, 2009, 06:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Well my son's season lasted 15 minutes. The doe came out first and she was hot so Eric got ready and sure as rain out he came. Neck shot at 190 yards and the 150 grain Nosler did the job. The buck had started to move and was quartering away when the Ackley barked and down he went. Needless to say Eric was pretty excited. The left beam and G4 were broken off as was a fork on the right side G2. Gross score is 141 and missing about 10 points of the broken tines....he must have been quite a fighter. His main beams were close to 6 inches in diameter. 13 points counting 3 stickers a wall mount for this guy. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Alboy

15 minutes well spent.

How old do you figure, hope he had several chances to pass on his genes?

did he get shot from your new blind or one of the old lnes?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

Quote from: Alboy;9948115 minutes well spent.

How old do you figure, hope he had several chances to pass on his genes?

did he get shot from your new blind or one of the old lnes?

Hello Alboy. 1. I would guess 3 1/2. 2.They have been rutting for at least 10 days now. 3. One of the old blinds. I'm heading for the new high seat now as it's starting to rain. Regards, Rick.

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

:eek:  wow......:biggthumpup: congrats to Eric......Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Vermonster

Man, whay'd ya have to go and stick him in the eye...... :eek:

Jk.... :)   Great deer!  Congrats to him!!!! :biggthumpup:

gitano

That's a nice wall-hanger. That hunt may have been only 15 minutes, but I know he's been puttin' in the time for the past two weeks.

Congratulations!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: Vermonster;99494Man, whay'd ya have to go and stick him in the eye...... :eek:

Jk.... :)   Great deer!  Congrats to him!!!! :biggthumpup:

Didn't even realize it until we looked at the photos...A little caught up in the moment!!

Eric-----Rick's Son

Brithunter

Nice going please pass my congratulations to Eric

Hmmm your making me jealous and itchy to get out after some deer :stare: .
Go Get them Floyd!

davidlt89

awesome deer, congrats!!!!!!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

Oh,..Man yea!,....that's a good'n.....congratulations to Eric:biggthumpup: .............BH51.....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

22hornet

Great deer! Strange spread, thats what makes it special.

BTW, what rifle / cartridge was he using?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

Quote from: 22hornet;99528Great deer! Strange spread, thats what makes it special.

BTW, what rifle / cartridge was he using?

My Dad built the rifle for me and hand loads my ammo...
30-06 Ackley with a La Corona Commercial Mauser action, Wilson 24" Barrel, 1/10 twist, Boyds thumbhole laminate stock, Burris Fullfield II 4x14x44 Scope

30-06 Ackley Improved-150 gr. Nosler Balistic Tip, 54.3 gr IMR 4064 Powder, Win primer, 3122 FPS

Was still pretty excited to go see that deer hanging in the barn this morning!

Eric

Alboy

Quote from: sakorick;99544My Dad built the rifle for me and hand loads my ammo...

Was still pretty excited to go see that deer hanging in the barn this morning!

Eric

That is what it is all about, good shooting on your part and a fine rifle on your Dad's part.

Congrats
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

Quote from: Alboy;99546That is what it is all about, good shooting on your part and a fine rifle on your Dad's part.

Congrats

He was lucky!:biggthumpup: Regards, Rick.

Tags: