got the bear!

Started by davidlt89, August 31, 2011, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Sat for the third night in a row tonight! not much happening early on, then I recieved a message from a buddy I had set up at an old bait sight that he had hit one, and with my hanloaded ammo I did up for him:smiley:. looked at the clock and looked back out the blind to see this bear only showing its head and some of its brisket! I decided to take the shot and heard a lot of crashing afterwords! I managed to find some good blood and it led me right to her! I shot her with the 7mm mag with a 162gr hornady BTSP. Bear only went about 20 yards and was down in the worst swamp you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!! She weighed in at 161 dressed wich makes it my second biggest bear. enjoy the pictures. God bless.

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

Congrat's David!  Good job.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

recoil junky

That's great david!!!!  

I envy you for your bear hunting. While we seem to have plenty of bears, tags are rare and hard to draw. Plus we can't bait them.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

bowhunter 51

Absolutely Excellent!,..Davidt...Nice big bear...looks like she should have
weighed more..She's huge..Congratulations..(enviously)..How did your friend
fair on his hit?.....................................................................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

JaDub

Yooooouu da man David !!   Nice bear.  

JaDub

gitano

Nice goin'! And good eating too!

Thought you were going to use the .25-06???

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteHow did your friend
fair on his hit?.
He did find it and got it out of the woods last night, roughly the same size as mine! I was glad to see the old bait spot still produces!!!
QuoteThought you were going to use the .25-06???
plans change!:yes: Honestly, the shot I took was not the best, not sure if it would of been a good shot for the 25-06! God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rockinbbar

Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Jamie.270

Quote from: rockinbbar;115374Outstanding!! :)
Ditto!
Congratulations David!  :D
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

JaDub

Barry,   good to see you post again!

JaDub

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Fieldmor77

Good onya Dave, good to see someone is having a bit of success out in the field.

Jorge in Oz

Nice bear David, she's a beauty!!! :2thumbsup:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

davidlt89

QuoteAnd good eating too!
Just made myself a breakfast sandwich complete with a side of bear meat, Delicious!!! I have said it before, and I will say it again, I would take bear meat over whitetail any day! God Bless.

RatherBHuntin

very nice, should be plenty of meat in the freezer.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

Quote from: davidlt89;115437Just made myself a breakfast sandwich complete with a side of bear meat, Delicious!!! I have said it before, and I will say it again, I would take bear meat over whitetail any day! God Bless.

Me too... Unless the bear has been eating fish. Yech!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: