Annual Kansas bird hunt

Started by sakorick, December 12, 2013, 02:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

With Bela at my side, we braved the single digit weather and scratched out a few birds. I scored 2 Roosters and a Quail, Eric scored 2 Quail and Bill nailed a Pheasant. There were only three of us this year and after nearly 40 years this might have been our last trip for awhile. There is a serious problem in Kansas with the Pheasant population and things are getting worse as the years go by.

Bela was sensational for her first bird hunt. She found and dug out a very live Rooster out of the snow and made a brilliant retrieve on a Quail.....complete with a 20 yard hold, hold, hold....sit......give and dropped the bird in my hand. We had a great time and the first Rooster I shot had the longest spur I can remember. It measured 11/16"!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

RatherBHuntin

Good Bela, her humans did good too.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

Not much better in the world than upland bird hunting over a good dog. Closest thing to heaven on earth I can think of.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

:food04:congrats,nice bird an dog............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: