so it came and went

Started by buckshot roberts, May 22, 2007, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

So 2007 spring turkey season came and went........ thanks for the posts, and I saw some very nice pics..... and a congrats to all who took a bird...... so some of us were not so lucky.... but that's part of it.... what with all the forest fires we had just before season opened.... the weather did not help much..... being nice and cold.... then hit in the high 80's for two weeks..... then droped like a stone, then with not being able to take but a day and a half off to hunt....just didn't help.... I did come out with enough overtime to cover a few days + my time off.... the way it's looking I'll have the time for other game season.....
here are a few pics of time when ya had to do a little camping out ... to take one

untill this "Fall"....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Vermonster

I've never seen a Turkey Game Pole before.....  Neat photo.... :)

bowhunter 51

Them ole boys in the 1st image look like they all done got snocker'd a' pass'n  the
jug around .......Reckon they never smiled back in them days......Again, I didn't fair
too good, turkey huntin' this year, myself....Oh well....Maybe in the fall, or next
spring.....My work schedule, messed me up, mostly, and the weather was not
favorable either......Been alot of bull dozer work near my favorite spot, was a factor..
Great pics, Ron........Good ta see ya posting.....Keep them brush fires
woop't off ya:smiley: .............................................................................................BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

well Ron, our season is still going and will be till the end of the month. Don't feel bad for not getting one. for the first time in 3 years I did not either (I did manage to shoot a hen by accident, thank God the warden was understanding). Anyway, I thank God for just being able to have the opportunity to go and the will to want to hunt them. That big buck you are going to take this year will make up for no turkey anyway Ron. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: