Think we need a 'making stuff' thread...

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), May 04, 2012, 03:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

22hornet

I tip my hat to you guys. :bowdown: Great stuff!

Ahhh, maybe on day in my retirement, a little lathe and mill, turning out all sorts of bits and pieces, just to keep me busy....
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Feed lead wire from top onto the black anvil (for length)....

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Oh, a shear and gage, of course.
Having the shear arm to the side misled me a bit.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

22-250 with factory jacket home swaged bullet in home annealed case...

Time to rock n roll...
Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

great looking bullet Joe!!!!!:yes: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Have a solution for Paul and his 8mm bullet jackets!
A die set similar to this to flare case mouth.
This set is for using rimfire jackets for a 6mm bullet - De-rim and flare.

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Following on from the previous post, acquired a Lee classic cast press and decided to abuse it. Added a longer lever arm and found my butchered-for-something-else Lee hand press, thought it might make a reasonable extractor - save beating the everlovin poo out of the extract punch with a mallet. I had already removed the shell holder part for use elsewhere, (frame was sprung) so a quick drill and tap, machine a half nut and punch - bobs your knob, jobs a goodun!

Close up

Well the serious work starts now....making the 6mm dies!!!
Turvey Stalking

gitano

You'll  have to 'splain the operation. As I see it, the punch on the left in the picture in post #39 is below and "in" the hand press. Seeing the knurled aluminum knob below that, I am assuming the die in the middle of the picture in post #39 is inserted into the Classic Press, and the punch on the right in the picture in post #39 is 'coming up' from below via the ram of the Classic Press.

Is that correct?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Have not taken picture of core seat die as yet will do that when I have finished with the heat treating.

Here's a sample of fired brass, de-rim with swaged core and core seated + sized to 6mm. Bullet weight is 65g. The angled case looks a little kooky as it was used for setup of the core seat, should have saved a couple which were only half sized to show how it works!

Point form next...
Turvey Stalking

gitano

Looks good! I see the flared mouth on the lower right jacket. I assume the flare allows insertion of core into the .22 jacket and then it gets swaged out to .243/6mm?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: