Foxes 4, Humans 1

Started by SmokeyJoe, November 29, 2016, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeyJoe

This morning was the 4th time we have had the chicken house cleared by a seriously committed rural fox.  My wife's prized 'fighting game' pet chickens all gone including the lovely big Malay cockerel. 2 years of just missing him now, he usually hears the lock go on my gun cabinet and laughs as he runs off towards the moon with a writhing leg sticking out of his chops and the arrogant air of a Shillary campaigner all about him.  Not this time Mr Fox. :D

Took my smokes, sat up along side of field and waited by the hole he made through the fence. He popped out of another hole I hadn't seen, about 15-20 yards from me. Kept the smoke down a few extra seconds while i brought the Tikka 595 up, he just stared at me while I did so as if to say "go on then". So i did. One in the neck, a good puff of steam from Monsieur le Fox, and a good exhale of finest organic hand rolling tobacco from yours truly. I am naming this kill "The Election". He just didn't see it coming. :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb0kiiB3O-o

Martin

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think".

"I would rather be somebody's shot of whiskey, than everybody's cup of tea."

"Give a small man power, and he'll show you how small he is."

Guns-Pencils.png

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

jaeger88

I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

sakorick

Keep alert! He has possibly trained kin. Nice shot.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Great!  :biggthumpup: Nice prime coat!

Too bad you lost your chickens!

Looking forward to the "fox hat". :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Yes there are likely more. I hate predators killing livestock. My problem has been domestic dogs. I did have a fox get some chicken s this year though. I shot to many coyotes so I have foxes now. Great shot and keep a careful eye watching  kill them all long live the next batch of chickens!

Tags: