sambar deer

Started by GRYPHON, September 05, 2009, 10:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRYPHON

GRYPHON

I had eight come out of the heavy bush  one late day,got a few on the cam.

Shotgunhemi

Nice pictures GRYPHON, very rare to see the elusive sambar in a group like that last pic.
Good work mate.

Chris
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

GRYPHON

GRYPHON

GRYPHON

I used to be a member of the DS`s out at Springvale also.

GRYPHON

I have seen eleven going "home" one morning this year

kombi1976

Some great pics there, Gryphon.
It's my aim to get out there amongst them one day.
I bought my 9.3x62 with that aim in mind.
Hope to try my 450/400 on them too.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

GRYPHON

Kombi  "one day" will only happen if you set your mind on it and do it cob!

kombi1976

No doubt, but with 4 sons - 5, almost 4, almost 2 and a 3 months - I sorta have my hands full at present.
A good mate took me south near Nimitabel one weekend earlier in the year but all we saw was 2 fallow hinds making their escape good so I didn't get a chance at a sambar.
Plus, everyone is secretive as all get out about good locations, not that I can blame them.
At least an older fella from here in town is going to take me out to a few good locations here to chase fallow stags.
There are plenty around Lake George and the like but you need to know where and you need to have access.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

22hornet

GRYPHON, your sambar pics are first rate! Well done!:biggthumpup:

If you are ever keen to doll out some advice on the elusive sambar I know at least a few of us here are keen to listen.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

jesusgecko

A bloke I know swears black and blue he shot a Sambar hind at Lake Rotorangi (half hour or so drive from here) while chasing fallow.  No one seems to believe him,  except me.  There is a herd in the Manawatu region,  which is about two to three hours drive away,  and a vast area of thick bush in between.  Who says they can't make it up this far???  God gave critters legs for a reason.....
Normality is for the weak.

Tags: