Evan scores!

Started by sakorick, November 29, 2019, 02:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

My 12 year old grandson Evan got a nice 9 point this afternoon during the late season youth hunt. His new (old) 6.5-55 did the job and here he is. The antlers are dark with white tips.......beautiful.

[ATTACH]15875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15876[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

I have never seen this before. The buck was walking left to right and quartering slightly to the right. So the bullet entered the deer slightly rear of the 10 ring and exited just below the lungs. Apparently, the broken rib deflected the bullet upward which explains the lung tissue in the blood trail. The exit wound shows the bullet all in one piece when it left the deer.  There were no other fragments found with the metal detector. You would have thought the Accubond would have expanded more at 75 yards. I am at a loss to explain this. Eric reported the Buck had blood coming out of both holes in the heavy blood trail and the cavity was full of blood at gutting.

[ATTACH]15879[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15880[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15881[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15882[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15884[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

I cannot get any of the pictures to open.  I can only get them to flash very quickly in the "quick reply" window. Very irritating.   :Banghead:......Paul H

gitano

Accubonds are 'funny'. Lots of internal damage and relatively small exit holes.

Very nice looking buck.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Nelsdou

Nice buck, very impressive by a young hunter! That 6.5x55 works well.
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

Tags: