Opening Morning Success!!

Started by 12 gauge, November 05, 2005, 11:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12 gauge

It is opening morning of muzzleloading season, just opened today!

I gots me a doe!!! WOOT! :p :) ;)

Cough up a muzzleloading kill for good ol' 12 gauge here! :rolleyes:

Already took pictures of her and everything!! :D

Pretty soon i will post them pictures! :D

God bless to all!
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

buckshot roberts

;) Hey 12ga congrats to ya', can't wate to see the pic.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Marlin917VS

"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Jay Edward (deceased)

A great job 12 gauge...don't forget to get pictures of the rifle in the photo as well.  Well done.

sakorick

Good going 12 Ga. My son got a doe this morning with his bow. Deer camp will eat good this year! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

buckshot roberts

;) Hey, Sakorick congrats to your son also, who's happy'er you or him.:D
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

12 gauge

Quote from: Jay EdwardA great job 12 gauge...don't forget to get pictures of the rifle in the photo as well. Well done.

We brought the camera in the woods and totally forgot the gun in the garage!...but i can take a picture of the muzzleloader...:rolleyes:

Yes congrats to your son Sakorik! When i got my first deer with my bow i was surely happier than my enitre family put together!! :rolleyes: :cool: :p :) ;)

Once we get the photos developed i will be more than happy to post em! She was a nice doe!

Also in the same morning as i did (as a matter of fact 10 minutes after) that i had shot, my sister inlaw shot a huge 6 point. We went directly from finding my doe, who ran no more than 40 yards, to help my brother and sis in law find her 6 point..

We tracked that deer for 4 hours and found blood everywhere within a 2 mile track, but no deer...we went through thickets, creek bottoms, roads, openings, hardwoods, pines, hills and finally a logging trail. We gave up at 12:00 (noon) looking for it, because we needed to gut and skin my deer...i shot it at 9:30 this morning, and we finally got to gut her at about a little past noon...

She's a dandy! And i am happy as that is my first muzzleloading kill! :D :p

As far as the 6 point, my parents just spent the entire evening looking further, they covered another 3 miles, and still blood but no deer...we figured he would bleed out, but nope! No dead deer...

Well i found mine, and all i can say is good luck to my sister inlaw and my brother for finding him! I think they are going back out in the morning (tomorrow) and look some more...all i can say is "I'm not going! and good luck!" because i am exhausted after today! Even our dogs were on the trail! My beagle "little bit" and another one of our yellow beagles "Buck"...Buck ran straight to my deer, we never even barely had to look for blood...we did for a little bit, then he ran straight to my deer! He stood there and barked...and what's amazing, is he is just a pup! :cool:

Here's a pix of my beagle that helped us out! :D ;)

We got ourselves a couple of bloodhounds! And my beagle is now so fat, she has trouble standing up, but yet she managed to follow my sister inlaw' buck for 2 miles!

I shot my doe at 15 yards, and let me tell ya, that muzzleloader knocked her to the ground! :eek: I hit her, and as soon as the smoke cleared to where i can see, she was still on the ground, then she ran off and dropped deader than a door nail 40 yards away, i even watched her drop...

I used a 280 grain bullet with 90 grains of charge (powder) and i used my dad's old .50 caliber muzzleloader he's had since he started hunting. He has killed tons of deer with it even before i was born, and yet he handed it to me and let's me use it....talk about a hand me down! :D I am proud to hold this gun, use it and hunt with it, as it is a proud reminder of my dad and his hunting success with this gun! It may have regular sights, and not a scope, but, i love this gun!

Well i wish all of yall good luck this season and god bless! :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

quigleysharps4570

Congrats on your first muzzleloader kill. Will be looking forward to those pics.

HSM_miner

Way to go!  Sounds like you had a great time and it looks good on ya!.....Congrats on your kill!!!!!

Antler3

Congrats 12 Gauge ! Good going there ! Looking forward to the pictures :D :D :D !!!
ANTLER 3

Husky6.5

That's awesome! My best hunt to date was with a black powder rifle. Good going.

Scott

Stryker

Congrats 12 gauge! Can't wait to see the photos
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

gottabigbuckdwn

Good job on your doe kill! I went out on Sunday, not opening day, but the day after, because I had to work, but didn't get anything. I did let a doe pass me, but didn't shoot her because I felt like she needed some growing to do. She had actually just lost her spots! But, I'm going back out around noon today, because I brought my trail camera in that day to find that I had a pretty good sized 6 point on it, and my camera is right beside my tree stand. So, I'm ready to get me another one!!!!!!! Good Luck to everyone that will be hunting this season, and Great job 12 gauge on your kill! It sounds like all of your family had a great hunt on opening day, Huh?:eek:

Tags: