Roxy treeing a coon

Started by Ed B., April 28, 2006, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed B.

Well, I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I'd get a post up.
Here is a picture of my MT. Cur Roxy telling on a ring tail. I squirrel hunt her mostly, but she has developed a strong dislikeing toward these critters also.
I've also shaken some possum out of saplings for her too. Basically, if it climbs a tree, she'll tree it.
Thanks for looking,
Ed

buckshot roberts

:D Ed.B that is a nice pic, an thanks for postin it, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Good lookin' dog. Where's the ringtail? :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Ed B.

Thanks guys.
I had to leave the coon in the tree.  Season was over.  The picture was taken during the training season.

Ed

English

Ed, good pic of Roxie.  I put Buster in the UKC squirrel hunt at Chesaning today and he took 2nd place.  This makes him a UKC Squirrel Champion!  My partner took first place with his fine  young feist named Trig.

We are hoping to try a little coon hunting this summer with Buster and a nice young Mt. Cur he has.  What are you using for a light?  I will need to get one.  Maybe we can hook up for a round.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Ed B.

Congratulations to you and Clarence and the dogs on the wins.  It doesn't surprise me one bit about Buster becoming a champion.

As far as light goes, I'm just using a cheap used 6 volt Nite Lite.

I'd like to make a round with you, but Roxy is still having trouble getting along with strange dogs.  I hate to keep going through dogs, but I think Roxy is on her way out of my kennel.  She has been doing a super job treeing for her age but her aggression is more than I care to handle.  She got bad with a dog twice last night.  It's not much fun apologizing to people when my dog attacks theirs.
Chuck Loudin is talking about crossing Geronimo and Holly again and I'm thinking about getting a pup out of them.
I'll get it right one of these days.

Ed

Ed B.

By the way Buckshot Roberts, thats a neat deer icon.  I like that.

Ed

English

Ed, you need a good feist!!!  LOL

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

RatherBHuntin

Mike,
I saw you said you got to train your pups abit this morning.....I don't suppose you had your camera with did you?  I sure like seeing pics of your dogs in action.  Keep em coming.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

English

RatherB, I forgot to take my camera today.  The pups were acting good for 4.5 months old.  Sniffed where a coon had been...verified by me seeing the coon first, tracked something on a log...probably a squirrel, and the female acted like she wind scented something!  Not bad for 45 minutes out.  This was only the 3rd or 4th trip out for these two but I am real pleased with what I"m seeing.

I'll try and remember my camera next time.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Hiker

I use to coon hunt a lot as a kid. That was always exciting. Good looking Cur.

arffdog911

doesnt it spoil the dog to run it on different critters?

Ed B.

Some people say it does.  I am not experienced enough about dogs to say for sure one way or the other.  So far though it has had no negative effect on her treeing squirrels.  I personally believe that the extra woods time and added treeing experience has helped a bit to develope her abilities.

Ed

arffdog911

well everone does it different. if any of mine or my other coon huntin friends dogs ever treed anything besides coon we'd tie the dogs to a tree and shoot out whatever theyed tree'd and givem a woopin with it, and they would never do it again. Now that may sound cruel but it made one hell of a coon hunter out of em.

Tags: