Qual hunt with daughters

Started by knuckledragger, December 29, 2011, 03:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckledragger

Went out quail hunting with my two youngest daughters today.  My buddy ran his dog pointing quail over 30 times while the three of us only shot 8 birds:(.  The dog did wonderfully, we did poorly.  We did have fun though and it was my youngest's first hunt  ever (deer, rabbits, squirrels, etc are too cute) and she actually got one of the quail today:jumpingsmiley:.  The other daughter came up dry (I'll take her varmint hunting tomorrow), I got the remaining seven.  We BBQ'd them tonight for a delicious end to a great day:food04:.    Pic below.  KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Alboy

Man that is great, watch it or they will be outshooting you soon
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

That image almost brought me to tears, as it sent me down memory lane.....
.........Excellent!...................................................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

:jumpingsmiley:wow eight birds...........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteMy buddy ran his dog pointing quail over 30 times while the three of us only shot 8 birds
everytime the dog points is exciting!!!!! Plus time spent together hunting!!!! great job in my book! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

knuckledragger

Dont get me wrong, it was a great day for all of us.  I think my daughters have inherited a bit of their dad's type-A personality.  They figured good results at the skeet/trap range would equate to good shooting in the field.  I know better, but gotta admit, I had my hopes up too.  They both were frustrated at first with all OUR misses and then once a few birds dropped and they realized it could be done, they lightened up a lot and actually laughed at it.   They loved watching the dog.  

There's plenty of birds still on that property (all though many are a little more educated), so we'll try and synch all our sched's so we can do it again.

KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Tags: