Odd Ball Buck

Started by recoil junky, October 06, 2014, 03:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

I spotted this buck (?) this morning at work. Still in velvet with BIG heavy bases. The back beems go straight up when viewed from the side "He" doesn't look old because "his" muzzle isn't grey. "He" almost looks like a big Holstein steer because of his skinny neck and pot belly. I've seen does with antlers before but never one this big and they were always fat as ticks.

See if you can spot him laying down. I was maybe 30 yards from "him".

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

If he should live a few more years you are looking at a very rare trophy.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

Must be crossed with a Rusa deer, similar pointy antlers.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

davidlt89

Great pictures!!! I cannot spot him laying down for the life of me!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

David, he's almost exactly in the center of the picture.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Look for the give away lugole, antlers do not show very well.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Upper right quarter, at 7:
Too heavy for grass.
RJ, I have seen some unusual antler shapes, usually , when the animal was taken, it was seen there was a problem with or damage to the testicals.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

That is only unusual in that the buck is very young (2 1/2) and looks just perfect to me only huge......his gene pool must be loaded with monster bucks. He needs to live for a few more years to keep those genes going.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

No more clues!!! Keep guessing!!

:antlers:

RJ

Hunterbug

It's strange for him to still be in velvet. I saw one several years ago that someone harvested in 3rd season that was still in velvet.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: