Proprietary Cartridge Series - 425 Express

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), January 14, 2005, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Except for the belt, this seems like a reasonable short cartridge.

gitano

It may appear a silly question, but these days you never know - what's the bullet or bore diameter?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

klallen

Jay Edward (deceased)

Of course...423...why everyone knows that!  It's one of the most common calibers for use in the Duchy of Grand Fenwick.  Many's the time I've put in for a special permit to hunt the Silver & Gray Crested Roc from it's lofty perches among the crags of Southern Grand Fenwick.

Getting bullets for reloading is simply a matter of filing out the requisite forms for importation of said bullets from the Ukraine.  Naturally they want payment in drachmas but that is of little matter since you can get an international money order in drachmas from Pete's Auto Loans in Moscow, Idaho.  The money order itself is forwarded to an off shore bank run by Nigerians and staffed by U.N. family members.

You cannot actually get through the border gate into the Duchy but, since they have no border fence, you can walk around the gate...being carefull not to awaken the guard.  There is a local Musk-Ox taxi service that runs regularly on late Tuesday afternoons; so adjust your schedule accordingly.  There are 'guides' everywhere, but none over the age of nine (don't forget the obligatory lolipops).  

There are two 'crags' on Grand Fenwick's single mountain.  One has a Roc and the other has a rock...don't get the two confused.  Roc's can be killed by 425 Express rifles or they will die laughing from bad jokes...either way, take your best shot.

After the hunt you can relax with some of the other hunters around a keg of lemonade that is always carried in the back of the wagon owned by the Musk-Ox Taxi & Social Club.  They will dutifully enter you name in the record book kept in a little room up at the Duke (or Duchesses) castle.

Then home you go where all your friends can come over and marvel at your Roc head.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Noyb72

If I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do, the designer wanted to use the .404 Jeffry bullet without worrying about finding the then difficult to sourse case. As I remember, Savage had plans in the early '90s to chamber this round in their controlled round feed safari rifle.

Tags: