Standard Cartridge Series - .280 Remington/7mm Express

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), October 31, 2004, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Now we come to a cartridge that is really a hidden jewel.  Using it 'as is' will easily duplicate 270 Winchester ballistics and results.  If the chamber is 'long throated' you can load the heavier bullets and come close to duplicating the 7mm Mag.  With a high grade action and a 26" premium barrel, the rifle performs as a wonderful long range hunting rifle.

As a factory round, it is much overlooked.

Hunterbug

I think that this is a great deer and antelope caliber. When I bought my 257 AI the lady that I bought it from also had a beautiful custon 280 built on a Mauser action with an octagional Douglas barrel with a birdseye maple? stock. I'm not positive about the wood but that's what it looked like. I could only buy one rifle and since I had my 30-06 I went with the 257. But if I'd had the money.........
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

klallen

I like the potential of the .280 Rem so much, I used it as the base for my Springfield 1903 project.  Course, I went with the Ack. Imp. version.  This one truely comes close to duplicating RemMag performance.  Excited to get my stock so I can wring mine out.  Later.  >>  klallen

Tags: