salmon

Started by farmboy, February 08, 2016, 05:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

I took a salmon out of the freezer the other day and let it thaw out in the fridge. Anyhow cut it into steaks. I know this sounds dumb but I pan fried them in a cast iron pan with peanut oil when I turned them over put a bit of European cultured butter on them and ground some fresh pepper on them. Dead simple but I sure enjoyed them I am thinking the peanut oil somehow made them extra good.

gitano

Don't know what sounds 'dumb' about that, but the result sure sounds good.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I sprinkle dill weed on the meat side and grill the fillets skin side down for about 10 minutes next to the coals and wood chips separated by a old solid brick. This allows them to smoke a bit and then butter them the last minute or so. They are excellent!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

Extra virgin olive oil !  :laugh:

farmboy

I personally do not care for the taste of olives. But canola oil is awful. I tend to generally buy grapeseed oil or sunflower oil or safflower oil. I thought I would try the peanut oil because it was on sale. I do wonder if it was special with the salmon. It was wonderful tasting and I really did not do anything special.

davidlt89

Sounds very good to me! I really like salmon and simple! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

farmboy

I took another one out of the freezer. Not near as good as the first one. Are they like beef sometimes you just get one that is special?

Tags: