Good service

Started by davidlt89, June 18, 2015, 04:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

So awhile back I posted I got a new trap. It is typically called a hancock trap but now a company called koro produces them. it is essentially a "live" beaver trap, and all said and done with shipping and handling is 430.00 for one trap.

I ran into some spots doing adc where this trap would be invaluable. I got it and immediately started using it. After  I got the 4th beaver I noticed it was setting real easy. I did not put two and two together and noticed the next time it was not staying shut on one side. sure enough one of the springs had broken after 4 beaver.

I know with extended use springs can wear down but a spring breaking after 4 beaver did not sit well with me. so I looked up the company I got it from, which was wildlifecontrolsupplies.com and sent out an email.

Now keep in mind, I burnt the box when I got it and the receipt, i had nothing to prove i have bought the trap from there. here was my email.

Quoteto whom it may concern,
  My name is David LeTourneau and  I purchased a koro live beaver trap from your company about 3 weeks ago. It is a great trap and was working well. After 4 beaver one of the spring ends broke off and it is now operating on one spring. I have sent a picture of the spring.
I cannot find my receipt but I am sure you can find my order with some more information. I was hoping to get a new spring for as it should not of broke after 4 beaver. any information is appreciated. God Bless.

Here is the response I got an hour later....

QuoteHi David,

Sorry to hear about the broken spring on your Koro trap.  The springs will wear out over time with repeated firing, but they should not break that quickly with normal usage.

We have some replacement springs on order and will send one to your attention within the next 2-3 days.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Jeff Shaw

I emailed back and sent him my address and got this email today...

QuoteHi David, sorry for the delay.  Your replacement spring is shipping today.

I very pleased with the company, absolutely no questions, just sent me what I need!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Good deal and refreshing
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

The way it "should be". I wouldn't expect too much less from a company that makes supplies for trappers. Trappers are a very conservative and ornery lot by in large. A company that treated them like I-Phone users would be out of business PDQ. Glad to hear you'll be back in business soon.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

The service is good, but the product does not sound that good.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

product is good I believe, there are many thousands of these traps with good reputations. I just got one with a faulty spring, hopefully! God Bless
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: