Remodeling the Basement!

Started by apeters24, February 22, 2015, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeters24

Last week I made my first purchase with some basics for my trapping and fur handling supplies.  After making two other orders, I figured it'd probably be best if I started thinking about where I was going to keep all of these "things," and what my work station was going to look like.  So, I did a little research and kept in mind what I've seen thus far.  I knew what I was going to "need" it was just the matter of getting it done.

Thankfully I know someone whom works at a hardware store!  I told him my plans, showed him my sketch, and basically said, "Hook me up!"  I found myself a little lost as I was given 4 bags of random screws, a bunch of wood (much that I had difficulty maneuvering on my own), a saw, drill, and just had my idea on how I wanted it all to look!  I've never really "built" anything before, so this was surely going to be a test.

I did receive help with ONE task.  These 8x4 boards are heavy, and there was NO way I was going to be able to hold them to the ceiling and drill them to the wall at the same time.  SO I had a friend come down and give me a hand.

Next up was the bench, and I was now on my own.  It's not "pretty," but it'll definitely do the job.  My original plan was to just have a top, but I got a little "crafty" and decided I could manage to replicate the top with smaller legs and make a bottom shelf.  You can never have too much space!  :)

Now it was time to put some shelves together!  But first, why not spray some traps?  After seeing I had some left over paint I thought it'd be a good idea to spray something else.  This shortly turned into a trip to the store for more paint.  Needless to say, I ended up with not only my traps sprayed, but a portion of the board where I was going to make my shelves!  Figured the traps hanging on the other side were going to be black and there was no reason for it not to "match," right?  Haha

IMG]http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/ashleepeters1/Trapping/received_1471099973129494_zpsfdnj5lvw.jpeg~original[/IMG]

And finally a shot of what it looks like so far.  I have two more orders of supplies that will be here this week.  One of which will include my fleshing beam.  My gears are turning, and I'm trying to decide where it'll go!

Thanks for taking a look!  I'm pretty happy and fortunate to have a place like this to share!  I don't have many, ok ANY, girlfriends that are the LEAST bit interested.  :help:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

apeters24

Thank you, Paul!  

It's a work in progress.  Things I'd still like to add and do!

I'm really "itching" to get an animal down there!!

Brithunter

Ohhh to have a basement and some space to work in .............................. Sihj!:cry: I don't believe that one could even have a basement here as it would be under water.
Go Get them Floyd!

davidlt89

looks good!!!! can't wait to see the other stuff piled in!!! Way to just do it. looks like someone has the "bug" of just trying things. This forum can do that to ya!! hang on, this is just the tip of the iceberg!
QuoteI'm really "itching" to get an animal down there!!
Yep! more than likely sometime this year you will be wondering how your going to take care of all the animals down there!!!:) I remember clearly!!! of course, there are much bigger problems to have:biggthumpup: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

QuoteThis forum can do that to ya!! hang on, this is just the tip of the iceberg!
:biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

I can't view any of the pictures.:huh2:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

22 Hornet - That's probably because the security settings on your machine do not let you be redirected to another website from within a different website. In other words, once your computer recognizes that you are "in" THL, you cannot be directed to another site "outside" of THL. This MAY not be the problem, but we've seen that before when people couldn't view the links  to pictures people posted.

If this problem persists, I'll ask Ashley's permission to adjust the links so that the images are visible to everyone without having to "leave" THL.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Photos are gone for me too...

Looks like they have been deleted.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

apeters24

Sorry guys!  I am looking to see how to post the photos directly to the site without bringing you to my photobucket album.  Once I figure it out, I'll switch the links!

My apologies!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

No problem, Ashley. I sent you a PM.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

apeters24

Paul, I think I have my links straightened out!  If you wouldn't mind taking a look!

Thanks again!

Joe Bloggs, I took a look at your link too.  Thanks for your help!

apeters24

Followed your directions EXACTLY, Paul.

Photos are up, but I do believe you can see all photos in that album still.  Oh well, just some trapping photos!

Have a few new ones to share with the new additions!  :)

gitano

That's great, Ashlee, but "nope", can't get into your PB account. (Some hacker might be able to, but with images visible in the THL thread, there's no reason of any THL member to be 'looking elsewhere' even if they could.) This should keep people out of your account, but you can further protect the album from "prying eyes" by making it "private".

Advice to all THL members in general.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: