Pesky vermin

Started by Paul Hoskins, June 07, 2021, 05:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

This is our year for the 17 year cicada. (locust) Despicable red eyed vermin but fortunately, they're not as bad this year as in past years. Most likely because I cut down the last four remaining large maple trees. I despise maples too. Only good for gun stocks  if the wood is figured. The dead cicadas would pile up around the base of the maples 3 to 5 inches deep & 3 feet out all the way around the trees. I shovelled them up by the wheelbarrow loads & dumped them in the garden. Good fertilizer.  .......All my woodpeckers have stopped eating & feeding suet to their babies & started feeding on cicadas. I use a zero turn lawn mower & for some reason cicadas are attracted to it. The red eyed vermin bite like a pit bull. Feels more like they use a switchblade knife. I have enough trouble seeing what's mowed & not mowed without this distraction. Some of it gets missed but some gets mowed 2 or 3 times, so I guess it all comes out even. ......Paul H ........I can't see to get pictures of them any more but I filched some off the internet. .....PH ...

Hunterbug

Something to keep in mind.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: