LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator: Any Experience With?

Started by 147 Grain, May 31, 2005, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 Grain

Have any of you experts tried the SVL (Sims Vibration Laboratory) LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator that is supposed to improve accuracy and tighten groups?

http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/firearms/barrelderes.aspx
* Shot Placement
* Bullet Construction / Weight Matched to Game
* Choice of Caliber

Nosler AccuBond

m gardner

It worked great on T.V. but no I haven't tried it. I did bed several rifle barrels with a nasty rubber product called "Shoe Goo". It markedly improved the accuracy of several problem rifles, but the stuff is so hard to get it to release I gave up on the idea. It seemed to work best on very light barrels. When the limbsavers hit the market here, if they aren't too expensive why not try it? God bless and good shooting.

CAfrica

Browning has a product which they call BOSS (Balistic Optimising something or other).  It looks almost like a silencer at the end of your bbl.  It contains a weight which can be moved forward or back and locked in place with a lock nut.

Haven't met anyone who owns one yet.

C

147 Grain

Update:

Went to the range today to see how my Remington 7400 30-06 autoloader would do with the Sims Barrel De-Resonator and (after loosening the forend stock's screw to just finger tight) achieved the following results:

August 5, 2005
12:10pm - No wind, but 94*F.
Target Distance:  100 meters
Ammo:  Federal Premium Vital Shok 180-gr. Nosler Solid Base
Results:  4 shots within 5/8" from center to center.

Previously, with no Barrel De-Resonator and the stock's forend screw very tight:

June 2, 2005
10:30am - Slight East to West wind, and 81*F.
Target Distance:  100 meters
Ammo:  Federal Premium Vital Shok 180-gr. Nosler Solid Base
Results:  4 shots within 1 3/4" from center to center

Seems that these two small adjustments cut the groups in half.  The $19.95 Barrel De-Resonator was installed about 1 1/4" in front of the stock's forend screw, which seems to be the magic spot on this rifle.
* Shot Placement
* Bullet Construction / Weight Matched to Game
* Choice of Caliber

Nosler AccuBond

Tags: