end of an era

Started by Hunterbug, May 25, 2015, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I just loaded the last 12 original Barnes XFB 200gr for my 338. I have 27 loaded rounds. I've used them for years as my elk load and they have worked great. I picked up 2 boxes of the 210gr TSX that I'll work up a load with when these are gone.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

farmboy

Did you ever shoot any game with the pure copper and pure lead Barnes bullets? And if so were they any good? Found a box of them a while back bought them and have not loaded any yet.

Hunterbug

I've never used the Barnes Originals. These were my first use of Barnes bullets. These were great out of my 338 for elk hunting.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

You knew it was coming...

I hope the TSXs work for you. Are those TSXs or TTSXs? I didn't think Barnes was making the TSXs any more.

Paul

PS - I just went to the Barnes' site and see that they are indeed still making the TSXs. In fact, that style makes up the majority of their "hunting" bullets.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: