deer hunting w/ pellet gun is legal in missouri

Started by roadkill636, January 30, 2008, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkill636

I'v just read that for the 2008 deer season air powered rifles 40cal or larger will be legal to harvest deer,,,,This is from the Missouri conservationist febuary 2008,,,,,,,,,,what's your thoughts? :undecided:
If God did"t want us to eat meat,,,,, he would not have invented guns

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

subsonic

.40 caliber is .40 caliber.

I wouldn't want to be shot with one!

RatherBHuntin

Well if it had a MV of 500fps and I was at 100 yards, I might let you take a poke at me with it.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

JimIsbell

I think you should rethink that idea of letting someone take a poke at you with a big bore airgun at 100 yds.  There are people that have taken deer at 75 yds so I wouldnt want to be hit with that same round at 100yds.  I am not too sure what the fps was, but it wasnt much over your criteria, if any.

Daryl (deceased)

Seems to me, from what I read, that these air rifles are similar in performance to many common handgun cartridges.  .40 caliber might be similar in performance to a .40 S&W, and a .45 caliber air rifle would be similar to a .45 ACP.

I know Barry has killed coyotes at close to 100 yards with a .45 ACP, so I'm not sure I'd want to be shot at with one of these air rifles.  They're likely a bit more accurate than a handgun.
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Butcher45

Quote from: Daryl;104747Seems to me, from what I read, that these air rifles are similar in performance to many common handgun cartridges.  .40 caliber might be similar in performance to a .40 S&W, and a .45 caliber air rifle would be similar to a .45 ACP.

I know Barry has killed coyotes at close to 100 yards with a .45 ACP, so I'm not sure I'd want to be shot at with one of these air rifles.  They're likely a bit more accurate than a handgun.

Bigbore airguns are nothing to sneeze at.  Excellent game killers at short range.  It's all about shot placement and wound channel.....it will put a big hole in one end and out the other.

Mine does anyway, and there are .45 caliber air rifles available on the market that are twice as powerful as mine, matching the ballistics of the original .45Colt load which has killed countless North American big game animals at 100 yards.

Click on the picture below, and check out the slide show.

Tags: