another project!!!

Started by davidlt89, June 30, 2014, 03:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

So, my oldest son seemed pretty interested in the leather making. this kinda stuff makes me happy so I asked him if he wanted to undertake on a project, he seemed all for it. So I says, what are we making, holsters, ammo pouches..........he comes back and says, "an Ipod case!!!

So, not to distraught, I figured it was something, so we started the project tonight. we sat down and drew a design for the case, for which he hardly gave any input, and I made a pattern. He could care less, all he wants is something he can stuff his Ipod in!!!!

I was not to specific on the measurements, but came out with some thing with a snap down lid. He said it looked good, so I traced it and cut it out. Beveled the edges and traced my stitch line. I was going to do more, but he took off the first 35 seconds into it!!! He got me again!!! He loves to see other people work:yes:!

I will finish it here soon, and hope I can get the snap to go down. I am using some really thick leather for this project, so I have the piece with the fold down lid wetted down and out in the vice between two pieces of wood. Tomorrow I will continue!!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

There's a tool - I forget its name (it's been a day or two since I was working leather) - that you can use to thin leather where you are making a bend, like your fold-over flap.

Paul

PS - At Tandy, it's called a "safety beveler" - $7.99. Another is the "Super Skiver" - $10.99. The skiver is the one I was thinking of. Another is the "Adjustable V Gouge" - $29.99. Probably the best choice, as that is what it's designed for.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: