My US property marked rifles and pistols

Started by sakorick, March 14, 2012, 02:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

First up is top to bottom, Remington 03 SN3004295, 11-41, Boxed RLB stock and all correct, Remington 03 1-42, SN3021131, boxed RLB, all correct grade CMP rifle with New Zealand marks, 1944 SC depot rebuild with shipping and DA sales forms from 1956, all correct, Springfield CMP correct grade Garand, HRA CMP correct grade with no certificate( talked the guy down to 600 bucks w/o the certificate, roll eyes, 1942 Savage No4 Mk1 matching, 1918 Eddystone with red painted warning on forestock.

Carbines: From the top, Detroit Police Department 1944 Inland mixmaster, 7th precinct rack 18, 1944 correct Inland, 5.7M correct Winchester with T marked action, 4.3M correct National Meter, 1944 correct Quality Hardware restoration with new barreled action and stock, 1943 Underwood correct, Bavarian Forrest Police and Tyrol Police marked this was a CMP rifle that only needed a front sight and trigger to make correct.

22's: Stevens 416 with Unertl 14 power period scope, all cartouches, Remington 513 T Targetmaster with all cartouches, 3 Mossberg 144US, 2 Mossberg 42M-B lend lease one with British proofs and one without, remaining rifles are 44US trainers including SN 35, 195 and 212(1st and 2d day production) and Naval Weapons Supply Center SN 0004. In the middle of the pile, 1914 Colt 1911 , 1944 Remington 1911A1 both pieces certified correct by Scott Gahimer.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

Nice firearm collection Rick.  Your furniture is extra nice.   I really like your 1911 Colt.  Someday I`m bound to stumble on one that I can afford.

JaDub

sakorick

Quote from: JaDub;119345Nice firearm collection Rick.  Your furniture is extra nice.   I really like your 1911 Colt.  Someday I`m bound to stumble on one that I can afford.

JaDub

Thanks JaDub. The 1911 Colt is a tough nut to crack indeed. I wish you all the luck in the world. Regards, Rick.

Jorge in Oz

Very nice collection Rick. You can start your own war now dude.

Your market in the US certainly turns up some gems. Love the 1911s too.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Bill Thibeault

Rick,

Very impressive.  Didn't know your collection was so extensive.  Are M1 carbines with the folding paratrooper stock available?  That seems to be all you need to complete your carbine collection.  Tell Eric I just ordered a Walther PPS in .40 S&W like his.

Take care,
Bill.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;119354Rick,

Very impressive.  Didn't know your collection was so extensive.  Are M1 carbines with the folding paratrooper stock available?  That seems to be all you need to complete your carbine collection.  Tell Eric I just ordered a Walther PPS in .40 S&W like his.

Take care,
Bill.

Hello Bill.....thanks for the strokes, however, all the folding stock M1 Carbines were made by Inland and I have two regular Inlands. So right now,  IBM, RockOla and Saginaw Gear have priority and things don't look good. A correct Inland paratroop Carbine will fetch North of three grand and I just can't get there without a major lottery score!:frown Regards, Rick.

gitano

Nice stuff Rick! I didn't realize you had all those M1-Carbines. I really like that rifle. Really fun to shoot.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

You guys are all missing the best part of the collection, that pretty bunch of Mossberg 22s.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

22hornet

That's a fantastic collection you have there Rick.

The Bavarian and Tyrol marked M1 carbines? Where these handed out to the German police after WWII?

Of all the rifles I have shot the little M1 carbine has to be number 1! :yes:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

Quote from: 22hornet;119460That's a fantastic collection you have there Rick.

The Bavarian and Tyrol marked M1 carbines? Where these handed out to the German police after WWII?

Of all the rifles I have shot the little M1 carbine has to be number 1! :yes:

Yes. The Bavarian is marked Bavaria Forestry Police and was later issued  to the Austrian Police in the Tyrol district. It's one of my favorites as it saw duty long after the War.....the DPD is pretty cool too. Regards, Rick.

Tags: