first tom

Started by davidlt89, May 03, 2006, 05:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

hey guys, I joined the hunters life forum about a year ago and have never posted any pictures of anything. I seen realtreeh35 post and decided to throw my first tom on here. I have previously only shot jakes. I live in maine and our turkey population is exploding. We had a mild winter and there are more toms this year than I have ever seen. In fact, I seen more toms than hens and jakes this year.  This one is 19lbs 10oz with a 10 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. I am happy with it. This one was the 2nd tom taken out of of our hunting party the same day, the other was also 19lbs. anyway, just thought I would share it with some people who appreciate it more than my wife. later
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

buckshot roberts

:D Howdy an welcome to THL, congrats on that tom, yep nothing like the first one, what kind of shotgun did ya use, ammo, an such thanks for shaing, stop in when ya can, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

Hey!...that's a pretty bird, David....Looks like he's got MY mosberg 835 with one
of the screw-in chokes, Ron.....That'll do tha trick with some magnum loads....
Great image.......thanks for posting....do it more often if'n ya can.:) ....BH51:D
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Congratulations! Nice bird and picture.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Thanks for the reply's. bowhunter 51 was right, I used a good ole mossberg 835 ulti-mag with an ulti-choke. Put federal premium mag shok hi velocity flite control turkey loads size 4 in it (3 1/2). I became a believer in 3 1/2's after last years turkey. ranged it out to where it was lying and the rangefinder said 54 yards. thats a good shell. I have been waiting to get one like this with the shotgun, next year I will use the bow. So far the only bow kills I have got are a partridge and 1 bear. later
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: