upland photos

Started by gunbroker90, December 08, 2005, 04:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

;) Today I try'd my winchester model 94-410 out on some grouse, I had two misses, on the two I saw before the rain put an end to the hunt, got up to 70 today with alot of rain, This was the first time i try'd to use it on birds, yep it is a challenge.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gunbroker90

yeah,

that is usaully how it is. i have never bird hunted with one but have used them for skeet. they make great squirrel guns. it also rained here. we had a hard rain last night and this morning. we got about 5 inches and some towns close by got even more. i went squirrel hunting after it cleared (about 11 o'clock) and got 5 and the limit is 8. i got those in about 5 min. and that is no exaggeration. i saw a total of six but one lucky son of a gun got away. at first i saw 2 playing around. then, i looked up the tree a lil more and there were another two playing around. then, i looked up a lil more there was another one all by himself (that is the one that got away). all of those were in the same tree, which was a pecan tree. i dropped the first one, then the second, and then the third. when i shot the first the rest froze making them easy targets but by the third shot they began to shatter. one hid in a hole and the other in a wood pecker hole. the first one i got with help of a friend who brought a pellet gun just in case something like this happened. we knew what holes they were in so we began shootin at it with BBs and by the third shot the squirrel ran out. i waited for the perfect shot and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. the other one that hid in the wood pecker hole did not budge. i went to a spot that i knew the squirrels were and i looked into a hole where a nest was and when i did i saw his lil head hide. we shot it and on the third shot he came running out and i shot him but hit a lil far back and he got into some thick stuff. i found a blood trail and tracked it and found him. i know that is a lil unusual for small game but it is good practice for deer tracking:p . he had buried himself in a pile of leafs and the only part that could be seen was about an inch of his tail but it was covered by a limb that i just happen to pick up. what a coincidence. i will post a pic tomorrow if possible, if not the i will do it the next day. i had a great time and now my freezer is a lil more full. best of luck to the both of you!
-gunbroker90

buckshot roberts

;) I go rain'ed out this morn'n again, I go out maybe? if it stops, we do need it, I have 4 more weeks to hunt Squirrels, I'm having to go a little deeper in the woods to get them, the guy's who hunt with dogs, take the ones by the roads, About this time of year I get me a few ducks, but not seen any.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gunbroker90

my neighbor has a rat terrier and it is the best squirrel dog i have ever seen. we were goin use him but he did not want to leave his yard. there was no rain this morning. i was goin to go hunting this morning but i am goin to birmingham,al in 30 min. i live in south alabama and the season ends last day of feb so i got a good while left. best of luck to you.

-gunbroker90

CuzTheyFly

Tags: