Duck Blind Drawing

Started by Vermonster, October 05, 2004, 09:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

:D Well, the site's up... So let's start talking hunting... :D

We had the Duck Blind Drawings the other day. Now, I know I'll need to explain this to all of you guys/gals living in the better parts of God's country where you can set up your own blind almost wherever the heck you want.

In Southern California, almost the freshwater is contained in Lakes that are run/owned by the city for the purpose of drinking water/ irrigation. So, the city is responsible for controlling access to these lakes.  Due to development, we are down to 2 lakes that are huntable, and they only have 14 total blinds, are open 2 days a week, and cost $20 to reserve a spot.

Anyway, the other day was the drawing. There were about 140 people there. I got drawn 22nd, which was very good. When my time came to reserve blinds, I was able to get the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays, as well as the second Wed. These will all be good days. So, gotta wait just a month or so and I'll be flinging some steel shot down range!!!!!!

Can't Wait!!!!!!:cool:

knuckledragger

Vermonster-  I was stationed out there a long time ago.  Where do you hunt ducks in SD Cnty?

Knuckledragger
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Daryl (deceased)

I'm happy for you Vermonster!  err..I think?

Man, you only get to hunt ducks 3 days?   WOW!

I think our season around here starts on Oct 22nd, and runs through January 30, 2005.  No "paid fer" blinds, we usually just jump shoot the stock ponds and catch them coming into grain fiels.

Good luck on your hunts, amigo.  If you ever get a chance, come over the border to Arizona and we'll see if we can scrounge up something for you to shoot at!

Take care,
Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Vermonster

Knuckle.... The only lakes that now allow hunting are Barrett (Near Dulzura) and Sutherland (Ramona)

AZ...... I get to hunt Ducks as much as I want, but gotta drive 2 hours to the Colorado river..... I only get to hunt 3 days LOCALLY..... ;) At the river, we have a couple of blinds on public land, and after the morning, we'll jump-shoot the canals and backwaters.....

Here's a day at the river last year......  OOps... Won't let me post it... Too large..... :(

Anyway, it's pretty good hunting at the river.  Lots of Goldeneye, Ringneck, Widgeon, and some Teal and Mallards.......

Daryl (deceased)

Ahh...ok, that sounds better!

Good hunting to ya!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

DEADBIRD

Congradulations on the drawing success.  We have lots of open public land to hunt here in Missouri.  The waterfowl conservation lands require drawings though.  Two friends and I put in for a drawing on one of the areas close to us and were all three successful.  Our hunts on the powerplant lake will be in mid November.  The rest of the season will be at walk in areas and on one of our many reservoirs.
ENJOYING LIFE IN GODS COUNTRY

Tags: