I went to HS With Rex Fowler...

Started by gitano, August 06, 2010, 08:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

and knew him well. We were both graduated in '69.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22361297/detail.html?taf=den

He was the Associated Student Body vice president. I was in two school plays he was in and we were good friends. I hadn't seen him since HS graduation, but we chatted occasionally on Classmates.com.

Oy!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

In this picture Rex is on the left and I am the one on the podium next to the blonde.

Hard to imagine.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;107220Oy!

Paul

Wow. You think you know somebody and they pull a crazy stunt like that.

I haven't seen he Denver News for a couple days so I missed that.

In regards to the high school photo, you were a skinny kid onct jus' like me!!! (only you was shorter)

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

At least the blond saved the picture
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Quote from: Alboy;107241At least the blond saved the picture
You have no idea...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;107244you have no idea...

Paul

lmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rj
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Now that I think about it, it's an interesting bunch in that picture.

Besides Rex and me, the girl on the far right is Cathy Cook. Can't tell it in the B&W picture, but she was a genuine red-head. (I've always been attracted to red-heads.) I dated her for a while early in our senior year. Her dad was part owner of Harrah's in Las Vegas. He bought her a brand spanking new '69 Firebird at the start of the year. I used to cut class A LOT, and I would tell Cathy I was gonna take her car and I'd be back when school was out to pick her up.

The girl between Cathy and me is Tammy Bonnell, a foreign exchange student from South Africa. She was staying with the Crozier family. One Sunday after church, up here in Wasilla, I was over at some folks' house and we were chatting when I asked where he graduated from HS. He said "Fountain Valley". I said, "That's interesting. I graduated from FVHS", and asked "When did you graduate?". He said '74 as I recall. Then it hit me, his last name was Crozier. I asked him if he had a sister named Cindy, and if his family had sponsored a foreighn exchange student named Tammy Bonnell?" He said, "Yes and yes". I about fell on the floor. Also turned out his sister married my best friend's brother. I had actually been over at his house in FV several times to visit with Tammy. What are the odds that two people that graduated from a HS in Southern California would end up in the same small town in Alaska some 30 years later?

Now to "the blonde". That's MISS Kathleen Dunne - drama and English teacher. Every male in the school (and I mean EVERY male), had the hots for Miss Dunne. Me included. I got to know her when I took a drama class from her, and then later she directed one of the plays I was in. I called her "Big "D" ". We were as good a friends as is appropriate for a female HS teacher to be with a male student. She was really good lookin'.

I haven't heard from Cathy since graduation, but I spoke with Tammy within the last six months. She still stays in touch with the Croziers. Rex was doing pretty good 'til this "murder thing" happened. "A long, strange trip it's been."

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I went to flight school with DB Cooper. He's the dude that hijacked a 727 and bailed out over the Snake River with the loot. I didn't know him as he was in another platoon. There are many Rex's and DB's floating about. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

QuoteHe's the dude that hijacked a 727 and bailed out over the Snake River with the loot.
And neither he nor the loot has ever been found...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Actually, they found instructions on opening the rear stair door and some 5-6K in twenties that were badly deteriorated some years after. DB died and was consumed by the elements.....A friend of mine knew him and told me that he was a braggart and talked when drinking....which he did constantly.  Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: