Been awhile!

Started by davidlt89, November 26, 2019, 09:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

You never know what you will see out your living room window!
I have to work 4- midnight tonight, so I try to sleep in later on these mornings. I made it till 8:00 and had to get up. I went into the kitchen and got some coffee going, then went to the living room window to take a look in the back field as I always do.
Noticed a deer nipping on a spruce tree about 150 yards away. Pulled out the binos and noticed it actually had horns.
I loaded up the gun and took one more good look since my scope is 10x. Yep, he had horns. Put the cross hairs on him and a doe came out and stood right in front of him. Waited for her to move and let the 7mm mag ring.
After the shot, the little fellow headed into the woods. I did not have a good feeling while walking down to look.
Got within 10 yards and saw a nice blood trail and he was lying right off the field a couple yards in the woods.
This spike horn weighed in at a whopping 124lbs and I am grateful.
Not to bad for just getting coffee ready!😉
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Way to go, David! Very nice looking buck!

Looks like a lot heavier than 124# hanging.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Congrat's, David. He looks like he's been eating his cornflakes. Good to see you're still among us & sucking air & pumping blood. What's been up with you &  the boys lately?  .......Paul H

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

Thanks gentlemen!!

Paul, It certainly does look heavier, I would not doubt if the scales were off at the tagging station!! Either way though, I am happy that there is some meat in the freezer for the winter, My bear is almost gone already.

Paul H- Not a whole lot going on up this way. The boys are all in hockey right now and that takes up a lot of their time. I did get two of them out on youth day, but did not see any deer. My oldest did not take the hunting safety course so he could not hunt this year. Hopefully he will take it next year. Between sports, his "girlfriend", and the fact he has shot a deer and a bear already, hunting is not his first priority.
I also took a new job about 4 months ago at the Houlton Jail and have been working overtime which does not leave a lot of time for me to hit the woods. Not sure I would of anyway, Since the boys started hunting, I have been concentrating on trying to get them out. I would almost rather see them shoot something.
Probably why I have not been on here too much as the only time I reload now is just to have ammo and I have not done much hunting except for bear in the last 5 years. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: