"Global warming" and "climate change"?!

Started by kombi1976, November 25, 2009, 05:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

You have to wonder about the "Climate Change" lobby.
Did you know that Dr David Bellamy, a famous naturalist and UK lobbyist for the environment, came out recently and said that "global warming" and the increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was a lot of hype.
He compared it to Y2K, in that millions of "experts" who should've known better were duped and the IT sector made a bundle out of it.
He said there were many polutants to be concerned about and deforestation was an immense problem but "Climate Change" was another political soapbox.
And almost as proof of the fact people are making money out of "Climate Change" the BBC banned Bellamy as soon as he made his views public.
So it seems that so long as you agree with people your opinions are worthwhile but if you do not be prepared to be ignored or vilified.
I also have problems with people of all descriptions, because many of them DON'T appear to be scientists who actually know anything, talking about the "last Ice Age" which was supposedly 10,000 years ago and then saying in less than 200 years we can upset something 10 millenia in the making!
Then there was the moron here in Oz who said "you can expect to see more big bushfires because of Climate Change".
He was referring to the "Black Saturday" fires in Victoria on 9th February this year.
Similar fires happened on "Ash Wednesday" 1983, and on "Black Friday" in 1938 and previous events had happened in the late 1800s.
Same place, same conditions, same regular intervals.
I'm willing to say we should cut down on pollutants, I think we should be looking for other power solutions than fossil fuels and nuclear power in the long term.
I seriously support the preservation of old growth forests and the habitats they provide.
But "Global Warming", which is now conveniently called "Climate Change" because not everything fitted into the original theory, appears to be another crock.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Brithunter

Ahhh Kombi,

You missed the lies about wind power generated elctricity, now they're being caught out so they no say it will generate up to instead of provide electricity for "X" number of homes. They fail to mention that Coal or Nuclear will still be required to boost the Wind tubines when wind drops.

I live not far from about the Biggest wind farm in the UK and they also fail to mention that to build it they concreted over about 30-50 acres of Scientifically sensitive seabed and then ran the cables right through the Wash conservation area into Norfolk instead of bringing it ashore near Skegness where the Windfarm is off shore. These SSSI's are only important when it suits them it seems. There is a pair of wind turbines thta we pass on the way to the local gunclub yet they didn't turn for over a year and only occasionally do both work and it's always the same one standing idle :angry: .

We actually live ina good area for wind power which is whay there are so many windmills up here still. However I looked into a wind turbine and the cost for a home owner is crippling.

Yep it's a crock load of pure BS and a whole industry has been built on the Bull.
Go Get them Floyd!

Jamie.270

The "climategate" that is going on over the hacked e-mails from East Anglia have the whole net in an uproar.
Hopefully this expose' will bring it out into the light, where it can be examined honestly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230635/Scientist-climate-change-cover-storm-told-quit.html
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

kombi1976

If people had been less rabid about the whole thing and provided incontrovertable proof, or at least consistent proof, then it would have been reconcilable.
But with "An Inconvenient Truth" as the propaganda film, a work that has so many errors in it, there was no chance.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

jesusgecko

Actually Kombi,  t's been scientifically proven that global warming is a problem,  and that rather than CO2 emissions causing it,  it is caused by the absolute rot spoken by politicians and finance companies.

I think I see a solution.....
Normality is for the weak.

Brasco20

kombi1976

Quote from: jesusgecko;99918Actually Kombi, t's been scientifically proven that global warming is a problem, and that rather than CO2 emissions causing it, it is caused by the absolute rot spoken by politicians and finance companies.

I think I see a solution.....
:D :D :D
Cheers & God Bless

Fieldmor77

Quote from: jesusgecko;99918I think I see a solution.....

So what do you reckon J G, we dust of the sledgehammers?.:yes:

jesusgecko

Herd them all up along with those camels in another thread.  Those that don't get trampled,  get a Pb injection instead.
Normality is for the weak.

Tags: