Yesterday's hunt

Started by Hunterbug, January 09, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I got out yesterday with a buddy who is a waterfowl taxidermist and serious waterfowl hunter. The birds didn't cooperate much, usually flying off to one side or the other. We did get 4 mergansers and I got a big goose at the end of the day. I cooked it last night and it was delicious. Jerry got some great pictures of one merganser that I took with the new 20ga.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

The merganser pictures.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Nice! Great pictures!

Are you going to have the merganser mounted?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

No. I gave them to Karl. Payton wants to get a bird mounted one day.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

I tried to eat a Merganser once.....tasted like a Carp. They are a pretty bird, however. Great hunt.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

Rick, I found a couple of recipes for merganser. One was basically chicken fried merganser. I guess that like everything, it's all in the preparation. Next time I get one I'll try it and see. But I'll have Pizza Hut on stand by just in case. ;)

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

In the case of mergansers (and I eat everything but Brussels sprouts), it isn't the "preparation". They eat fish. They are a "fish duck". They taste like what they eat. Yech!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Quote from: gitano;146874In the case of mergansers (and I eat everything but Brussels sprouts), it isn't the "preparation". They eat fish. They are a "fish duck". They taste like what they eat. Yech!

Paul

I think you may be right Paul I do believe they grow Brussels sprouts in manure! :MOGRIN:

farmboy

With Brussels sprouts it may be in the preparation.         H!

gitano

Quote from: farmboy;146878I think you may be right Paul I do believe they grow Brussels sprouts in manure! :MOGRIN:
You and me both, brother!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: