Postal rates to NZ

Started by drinksgin (deceased), August 25, 2015, 09:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Are there any NZ members here?
I have been trying for several days to find the cost of sending the USPS , small, 6x6x5.5x25" tube to NZ.
Also, how much hassle is it to send a gift, less than $50, to someone?
This is in the interest of sending some small hand tools to NZ.
Any help would be appreciated.

:Banghead:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

I don't have any info on the few NZ members we have, Don. I haven't seen them in a while. I THINK the USPS website http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10324&m=6&p=3&o=8&dpb=0&mdt=2015/08/25%2015:00&dvi=25# will give you rates for international shipping. I get an online price of $34.65 from Alaska to New Zealand. Texas may be different.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Thanks, I could find all the boxes and envelope prices, but somehow overlooked the price for the tubes.

gitano

I had to look around for it. I missed it the first couple of looks.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

For general information, 2 lbs to NZ from Texas, first class, = $23.
Not as bad as  I expected.

gitano

That's not a bad price all things considered.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Ouch the postage is almost as much as the present! But I guess it is the other side of the world.

drinksgin (deceased)

The last time I looked, back and forth to Canada was not cheap.

farmboy

Yes it is retardedly high priced.

drinksgin (deceased)

Just looked, same price to Canada or New Zealand for the package I sent.
Duhh!

farmboy

Sounds like Canada post is charging Lots for there part of the delivery. When the post office got privatized the prices started to soar. The internet has raised the prices a bunch as well with online billing and email. The post office basically delivers packages and junk mail.

drinksgin (deceased)

I thought you were talking about the USPS with your last sentence.
I suspect my mail is 95% junk.

drinksgin (deceased)

The package made it to NZ the 23, MUCH faster than I expected,as I chose the least expensive rate.
9 days total time.
Several years ago, I sent a package, parcel post, to Galveston, just over 120 miles away, only took 3 months and then was not delivered until 2 days after I filed on the insurance on it.

:Banghead:

farmboy

I had a Remington 700 in 17 Remington that had a factory recall I sent by post to Remington as a barreled action so it would be cheaper to mail. At the time they were around 675 dollars new and really hard to find so I insured it for 750 dollars so I knew I would be able to replace it. Anyhow it was past the time and I was going to put the claim in and the postmaster told me to wait another week.low and behold it arrived. Funny thing was Remington insured it for fifty dollars. Not sure it was worth there time to rebarel it. It came with a stern letter about the adjustment on the trigger and how it was set to light. My best shooting rifle up to that time became the worse one I owned. Sorry I digressed how wonderful is service is that getting a package to the other side of the world in that amount of time!

Tags: