Don is gone

Started by Alboy, February 08, 2016, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Quote from: recoil junky;143087Well sh:toilet:t.

:stare:

:cry:

RJ

Well said RJ
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1935766_1141941186239_220834_n.jpg?oh=fbe1d774d532f422c390d95b546f7cf9&oe=572B14CB

Gents and Gentlewomen

An update, I may never know all the what-fors for certain.

Adrian and I met with them and hugged Vennie today.

Immediate family has been located and are in full swing arranging for Miss Vennie a place to live with help for medicals, etc. That should be near Alvin Texas, a little south of Houston. Disposition of the estate is in progress and should be simple, Vennie is sole and uncontested heir.

Last Activity: 02-05-2016 01:09 PM - on this forum

Sometime after that Don passed.

He was found dead Monday morning by a neighbor girl (Harley). She is only 14 but got her mother involved and started getting help. She had started helping Don and Vennie with light cleaning and laundry etc. He was in his recliner where he often slept and V assumed him asleep. He had already begun decomposition enough that the chair had to be removed from the house too.

Harley's folks are also watching the place ready to call police if vultures show up scavenging.

I was contacted by EMT about noon and posted here shortly after that.

More updates as we get to them, there will be a fair amount of tools other and stuff to be sold. Includes lathes for gun-smithing, reloading equipment, possibly guns and other stuff. Some of it I will handle and will offer it here first for interested folks. We are going to start a detailed inventory this Sunday. All proceeds will go to Miss Vennie.

There will be no funeral or ceremony per Don's wishes, he is to be cremated and spread on the property/lake.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

recoil junky

It's all I could think at the time Al.

He was and will remain a constant here at THL through his many threads and posts. He was always helping those of us with less knowledge with well written answers, timely quips and well received ribbing.

Don, when you get through the Pearly Gates, look up my Dad would you? You two will have a lot to talk about. Mom will be there too spreading her table with all manner of home cooked goodies, hope you have good appetite!!!

:angel:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

farmboy

How kind of you to help always lots of work cleaning out a house and on top of it always really emotional. Take care I am sure he would be pleased with you looking after things for him.

gitano

Went to a local lumber yard to pick up some lumber for a project I'm working on and stopped by the post office on the way home. There was a letter from Don. I haven't had the heart to open it yet.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Have a Kleenex ready when you do open it.

Paul Hoskins

I will sorely miss Don here on THL forum. I suppose all of us will. I always enjoyed the razzing I got from him. He never offended me in any way. He was the sort of fellow you had to love to the end. I won't be crying because it's over. I'll smile because it happened. It was by chance that I knew him thru THL. Super friend in my book. I don't understand why he had to leave early.  .....Paul H :(

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;143137I will sorely miss Don here on THL forum. I suppose all of us will. I always enjoyed the razzing I got from him. He never offended me in any way. He was the sort of fellow you had to love to the end. I won't be crying because it's over. I'll smile because it happened. It was by chance that I knew him thru THL. Super friend in my book. I don't understand why he had to leave early.  .....Paul H :(

Totally agree with that sentiment Paul. He will be missed.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Good thing Alboy is there and doing a fine job!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Just when you think things cannot get any worse .......................... more bad and sad news.

Rest in Peace Don and forever in our hearts and memories.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

So, I opened the letter this morning. Don was true to form to the last. It was three packets of tomato seeds developed specifically for 'northern climes'. We had talked about these tomatoes and gardens in general when I spoke to him last Thursday. My last words to him were, "I want you to stay alive long enough to see if these work out like they're supposed to." He said, "I'll try."

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Brings tears to my eyes just reading this thread and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I loved Don's banter and he was always willing to comment on any posting and share his knowledge. I will definitely miss him. Glad Alboy is close by to help Don's family out.

Paul I hope you can get those tomatoes growing nice and big and plentiful and please post some pics once they start to fruit.

Cheers
Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

davidlt89

Came on today expecting to see a few posts from Don! Looked in the cupboard yesterday and found a bag of peppers from Don. I never asked for them, I would always recieve a bag at the right time! I probably only understood 50% of his posts but I read them all. He had forgotten more than I know. I miss ya Don! God bless my friend.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Started really cleaning and sorting at Don's today. Exhausted in more ways than I can verbalize right now. Will start cataloging weapons and materials for sale this week.

Ms Vinnie new address is at Six Palms Assisted Living

Phone: 832.713.PALM (7256)

Vinnie Rinks
5409 Croix Road
Manvel, TX 77578
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Thanks, Al! That's a tough chore physically AND mentally!

Thanks again,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: