Duck hunt

Started by Hunterbug, December 20, 2015, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

This morning Payton and I went duck hunting with a guy I went to high school with. He's a waterfowl taxidermist and a hard core bird hunter. We had a great morning. I got 2, he got 1 and Payton got 1.

Payton and her bird, a green wing teal.

Hunt hard, nap hard.

Me and my ducks, a mallard and a gadwall.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Nice, really nice! I hunted with my brother on the S Platte just about 10 miles upstream from Greeley. We used to kill at least 20/day or until we ran out of shells!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

We were east of Greeley about 10 miles. We could have had a few more birds but I'm not the best shotgun shooter and after the teal the birds just turned off. But it was a great day and Payton loved it and that's what it's all about.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

farmboy

Not many ducks up here anymore lots of geese very few ducks. Looks like you had a great day.

gitano

Outstanding! Really glad to hear Payton got into birds!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

She had a great time. We are going to try and get out next Sunday too.

Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

Paul Hoskins

Really nice. I like eating duck occasionally. Maybe once every 5 or 6 years. I'm not much of a shotgunner. It's much more fun counting the shells I waste than counting ducks I kill. Takes more time too. I do pretty good duck & goose hunting with the 1022 Ruger. .....Paul H

Tags: