Browning Buckmark rifles???

Started by English, October 16, 2004, 02:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

English

My buddy and I both have Browning Buckmark pistols and really like them.  I've been drooling over the rifles since they were introduced.  We went to a gunshow today and my buddy handled one of the rifles with the carbon fiber barrel and went nuts over it.  In fact, the only thing that kept him from purchasing that one on the spot, is he feared for his life when his wife found out!:D :D :D  

His question is how accurate are these guns?  Decided he needed to know how good a gun it was before he risked his life!

I believe Jay had bought one of these awhiel ago but I don't believe he ever gave us a range report!!!  HINT HINT!!!!

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Skip

Yes Jay, how about it? If need be I can swing by your place and pick up the rifle for a good work out.

Jay Edward (deceased)

OK guys...as I recall I did give a range report but I don't remember what the results were.

Skip...you can come by and shoot that thing all you like.

Mike...I can tell you that the little Buckmark Carbine feels great when you're holding it. I've hefted my share of carbines and 'assault carbines' and I have to say that this little thing just fits for what I think they should be.

I opted for the long tapered barrel as I had the opportunity to try all three versions and this version 'held' best for me.

Here is mine:

Hunterbug

I too have been drooling over thoes as well. I belive that Jay's has a Weaver K4 on top and that would be a great little small game set up. As I recall though, Jay's biggest problem was getting the action to cycle with blackpowder loads. :p
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

English

Jay, you might well have given a report but my partimers is kicking in.  Do you find it to be accurate enough to kill squirrels.  You know my criteria.  A .22 has to be MOSH accurate.  That's Minute Of Squirrel Head!.  Will it do that?

I know what you mean those things feel so solid when you shoulder them.  If they are adequate in the accuracy department I can see a couple of purchases in the future.  

I have a Rem 552 Speedmaster coming this week that I am getting in a trade.  I can't wait!!!

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Tags: