Curry Bullets

Started by JaDub, February 09, 2019, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

I have two boxes of .270cal.  .227 dia 130 gr Spitzer `soft point ` bullets of  100 ea.  The name on the outside of the box is Curry Bullets by Curry bullet Co. ... Los Angeles, Ca.  

They came in a large box of ammo that  I bought at auction.  I`m looking for information about these but am coming up short.  Anyone know of them  ??  Any help would be appreciated.  I`d take $15 / box if  interested.

JaDub

Paul Hoskins

JaDub, I bought  a couple boxes of 7mm Curray bullets around 40-50 years ago. Both boxes were 160 grainers but one box was round nose the other spitzer. Both shot very good in my #1 Ruger carbine chambered for the /x57. I killed my first black bear with this combination. I have never seen any more Curray bullets since. The jackets seem to be made of dead soft copper and hold together good on impact. They were the most accurate bullets I ever found for the Ruger.   .......Paul H

JaDub

Thanks, Paul.   I suspected that they were good bullets. The auctioned estate I bought them from contained nothing but top-end reloading supplies.  Hopefully some one will take these off my hands.

JaDub

BTW,    I have two boxes ( 100 ct ea. ) of .270 cal ,  .277" dia , 130gr spitzer soft point  $20ea

Paul Hoskins

JaDub, I've been trying for years to find Curry bullets but none of the local shooting/reloading supply stores have heard of them. I find nothing on the internet about them. I suspect one of the bigger bullet makers bought them out to kill the competition. You never see R B Sisk bullets any more either. Sisk made reasonably good bullets that were reasonably priced. Most if not all Sisk bullets were made with hand operated presses with little or no power equipment. In the 1930's and 1940's Sisk made LOTS of 22 caliber bullets by using fired 22 rimfire cases for jackets. I have several hundred of them I made myself.  ........Paul H

Tags: