Evan and the Trap team

Started by sakorick, May 16, 2019, 06:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

My grandson Evan age 12 (8th Grade) is on the Piper High School Trap Team and having a ball. He even made 41 Action News last week! You have to wait for the ad. Evan is at the 45 sec mark.

https://youtu.be/Wafo7SVS9bY
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Evan is a fortunate young man! I considered getting my daughters on the ONE HS riflery team in The Valley. Unfortunately it meant changing to a school with a poor academic record, so it didn't happen.

"Unfortunately in our world, you're going to come into contact with a firearm..."

REALLY!? "UNFORTUNATELY". Is that REALLY what you wanted to say? I am quite certain that was a genuine Freudian slip, meaning that he truly believes what he said he just didn't intend for it to "come out that way". I doubt his subconscious mind could be changed, but he needs to be taught some "PR" if he is going to be a HS SHOOTING coach.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

He's a good guy.....some people get in front of a camera and immediately go brain dead. He should have said we have a zero tolerance safety program and go strictly by the National Trap Association's safety rules. It was also great to see the 16 year old young lady shooting. Evan told me she shoots 25's quite regularly. I told Evan to copy her stance which is perfect. I found a Super X M-1 at the big gun show at Tulsa. The guy was asking $600 for it and it looked new.  He let me take it apart and the bolt buffer was shattered and the return spring follower was buggered. It was obvious to me that someone had pulled it out of Grandpa's closet and went out and fired it. The bolt buffer usually lasts around 15-20,000 cycles but they harden with age and if you don't replace them it's bad news. So since it had the Nu-Line choke system installed along with four tubes I offered him $400....he countered with $500 and I said sold. The field stock, handguard and all the metal looked brand new. When I got it home I purchased a new magnum buffer, steel follower & steel main spring total cost $60 delivered from Wrights. Then I found a NIB Fancy 3X trap stock on epay for $300 and sold the field stock for 165 bucks. So I have $695 in the gun that should last Evan forever. By the way, the only original part on a Super X-1 not steel is the Aluminum follower and Wright sells the steel replacement for under 20 bucks. Evan has been shooting an 1100 Lt 20 and here's the Pic of his new trap gun for next season.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

It's great to see kids shooting. We need more of this.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: