New to me rifle

Started by bradahl, April 27, 2009, 12:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradahl

Just completed my purchase of a Sako Forester 22-250.  Wondering if anyone thinks that I got a good deal, or was taken.  It is a "post-Garcia" gun, as I can see the Garcia mark on the barrel, but the gun is beautiful, almost too nice to shoot....almost.  Attached is a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5 x 10 scope, with Redfield mounts.  I'm saying it is in 95-98% finish, both stock and barrel, with no noticible marks anywhere.

I know that there is great debate about "pre-Garcia" and after Garcia guns, but this thing is really sweet, so thought I would see what everyone thought, as I paid $1200????:eek:

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome to THL bradahl, and congratulations on the new rifle!

Honestly, I don't know the value of your rifle.  Prices change so quick now that it's sometimes hard to keep track.

But, the rifle is yours now, and I've no doubt it's a good one.  It ought to serve you well, and as long as it does that, then all else is irrelevant.

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

That's a sweet rifle! Congrats!

They are pricey, but as long as you are happy with what you paid, then that's all that matters! :D

Welcome to THL too...;)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

bowhunter 51

Yep!......I think you paid too much.....if I'd paid 1200 smackers for a rifle?
I'd have to sleep with it........but seriously,...IMO..it's not so much what
you paid... as it's worth to you,... in it's reward as a tool of harvest...in
which case,...time will tell....and with that, may you experience many a
thrilling moment, drop'n critters in the field...$1200 worth...and welcome
to THL...hope you share with us, these moments in story.....................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

The best "deal" is one in which both parties leave with a smile on their face. Sounds like that's the case here. Unless you could get your money back - and I'm not suggesting that you should - the price is just the price. It really shouldn't matter much one way or the other in a year or so. I try to never 'look back' at things I can't change or correct. "Looking back" just makes me old.

Congratulations! Now let's see some pictures of dead critters. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: