Marauding beast.

Started by jaeger88, February 14, 2017, 07:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger88

Cornered this monster going through our snack box in the workshop this morning.

It was him or me, but a well placed shot ruined his day.:MOGRIN:
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

farmboy

gitano

SHEESH! That's a Boone & Crocket "mouse"!

It doesn't look (in the face and legs) like a "rat", but that would be one herkin' big mouse!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

You should have taken him with a spear. :D
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

farmboy

:daisy:
Quote from: Hunterbug;147134You should have taken him with a spear. :D

With a beast like that in a kill or be killed situation it's what ever is close in hand!

jaeger88

I agree, the 1.0 mm Mag was a little overkill, but it was a desperate situation, I didn't happen to have my "Mouse running" spear to hand, & he was scoffing our Cherry Flapjacks !.

As this wasn't a trophy hunt, but a cull/crop protection situation, I didn't give him chance to charge, so I feel fully justified in using the biggest caliber handgun we are legally allowed to own in the UK. (Well...........probably !).
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

JaDub

jaeger88

It was me or him, & a wounded one is like a Cape Buffalo on steroids.
I cant believe in fate.

Paul Hoskins

If that had happened to me I think the 12 gauge & slugs would be my choice. :grin: Works on starlings too. ....Paul H

Tags: