Birth of a reloading bench

Started by davidlt89, January 18, 2011, 03:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

David, It's good to see pictures while you can still see most of the work surface! ;)
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Alboy

Looking good but where is the fold out shelf for the powder scale, I thought that was a really good idea.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

OSB does have a tendency to compress, I would face the press area with a dense solid wood to keep the press from sinking into the OSB.
I have had mixed results with poly coating, my next bench will have a formica top, likely a preformed counter top section with considerable reinforcing under it.
It really makes no difference what you top it with, after 6 months no one will ever see the top again.
;D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

JaDub

" a preformed counter top section with considerable reinforcing under it."

Great idea!!              Just don`t forget the lip !  :laugh:

drinksgin (deceased)

The preformed tops have a raised roll front edge.

davidlt89

QuoteLooking good but where is the fold out shelf for the powder scale, I thought that was a really good idea.
I opted to leave that out, I did not think it made that much difference. I would rather just have the scale on the bench. I can however always add it in. I though I would use the remaining wall space for hanging whatever needs to be hanged.
QuoteI would face the press area with a dense solid wood to keep the press from sinking into the OSB.
I will probably stick with that top for now. Getting anxious to just get it all up and running.  
QuoteIt really makes no difference what you top it with, after 6 months no one will ever see the top again.
does it really get that bad? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

does it really get that bad? God Bless.

Yep
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

Quotedoes it really get that bad? God Bless.

QuoteYep

that could not happen to me.:nana:

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Quote from: davidlt89;110890does it really get that bad? God Bless.

Ayup.

A tour of the man-cave, On the left you can see the handle of the #45 Lyman sizer/lubricator, then further to the right you can see the old Herters turret press. (I know the model but itr's eluding me right now) with a herters powder measure above it And center stage is the Bonanza/Forster COAX, with a Lyman #55 powder measure above it. And then we have two Lee Pro1000 progressives. One in 40S&W and the other in 45ACP. Yes, I know you an easily change calibers, but I don't want to. :greentongue:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Oh, and RJ........   is that Peruvian Blanco,  Panama Sunrise, Columbian Supremeo and quite possibly........  gasp, ...........    Belezian Surprise up  there on the shelf  ?  :eek:  

COFFEE man.........    COFFEE.         What were YOU think`n ?   :grin:

Cheers, JaDub

davidlt89

RJ,
  you should just hire a few people and make a production line!!!!!! God Bless.

drinksgin (deceased)

RJ, just how many hours did it take you to get it that clean?

gitano

Quote from: drinksgin;110947RJ, just how many hours did it take you to get it that clean?
:MOGRIN:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

What. That is clean. There's a path from the door to the chair. :yes: Most importantly, by the scissors is the remote to the cd player/radio.

Under the remote and the scissors is my gun vise. Note the padding? It's an old wood vise that works very well for holding of firearms wilst cleaning.

By the way, you DON'T want to see the other corner, huh Paul.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: