De-snaking clinic?

Started by M. R. Byrd, August 08, 2009, 08:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. R. Byrd

I have acquired a five year old GSP from the UP of Michigan and brought him into the world of rattlesnakes at the ranch. Anyone know of a de-snaking clinic in the Midwest or Southwest. I am inquiring about some in Tucson, but would like to find one closer if possible.

Here he is with a new short legged friend at a family reunion in Colorado-

Murry works some new scents in Colorado-

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Daryl (deceased)

Maynard,

I can't help you with finding one closer to your country, but Tucson's only an hour or so from me. If you head this way, be sure to let me know and maybe we could have lunch while you're here.

My last "de-snaking clinic" involved shooting the head off of a rattlesnake that got to close to my mom's place night before last. She was in the hospital for a test (results were what we hoped for ;) I hated to use the buck-a-round SD ammo on a snake, but a .38 Special 135 gr Gold Dot from a snub took it's head off pretty well.

Think I'll load up some snake shot today, and carry a few with me. That's the second one I've shot near her place in the last few weeks.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

M. R. Byrd

Daryl,

Thank you for the kind offer. I am hoping that I can one day get to Arizona. My brother from Alaska wanted to quail hunt in Arizona last year, but didn't. Maybe this year.

I was on the phone this morning with Web Parton and we talked about bringing Web to Kansas to do several clinics in the state. That could work good for me and Murry.

A rattlesnake was the only time my father stopped farming and we stopped until the rattlesnake was dead. I have no idea just how many we might have dug out and killed. I don't remember any that we saw that we did not kill, some just took longer and more effort to get to.
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

jesusgecko

Seeing as we have no snakes over here (much to my annoyance - me being a reptile freak),  I don't know whether I even need to ask this question.....but.....

What IS a de-snaking clinic?
Normality is for the weak.

BigEddySprings

Quote from: jesusgecko;95566Seeing as we have no snakes over here (much to my annoyance - me being a reptile freak),  I don't know whether I even need to ask this question.....but.....

What IS a de-snaking clinic?

Only guessing as I live in Wisconsin and don't think about Ratters too much.
Dog have a tendancy to try to sniff everything, they have no fear of snakes
so the chance of them getting bitten is I suppose pretty good.

gitano

Quoteat a family reunion in Colorado
Hmm...

My family just had a big reunion in CO that I was unable to make. It would surprising to find out we're related, but...

Where was that reunion, and what was the name associated with it? Ours was in Durango, and the name was McKinzie.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

M. R. Byrd

Paul,

Our Schlegel reunion was in Kremmling. We could still be related.

Maynard & Murry
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Tags: