Again on the first!

Started by davidlt89, November 11, 2017, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Headed out with my middle son today to try and fill his doe tag. We got up on some deer first 10 minutes out. One was standing at about 170 yards. I got him on the steady stix and was taking aim when I decided to make them higher. He was not impressed as He said I took his cross hairs off the deer. It then disapeared.

We got back in the truck and swung the edge of that field and spied them about 230 yards away. One was lying down and could only see the heads of the other ones. We went for broke on the one lying down. The bullet hit about 3ft to the left and they ran off. We went down to make sure but no sign.

we got  back in the truck and situated ourselves to watch the field. The weather was bitterly cold, about 16 degrees with the wind chill around 0. We sat for about 20 minutes when a lone doe came out around 150 yards broadside and just stood there. I got him on the stix and got the hammer back and he took aim.

After the shot, the deer jumped forward and then almost landed on its front end. He had broken the right shoulder. The deer kept going forward then started straight away from has, falling to the ground further and further with each step until it was down.

I had one happy boy who started crying and saying, "I got it dad, I got it"! Gun in question was the 25-06 with a 115gr berger VLD.

Thats two deer down, one more boy to go!;) Also now 2 bear and 2 deer in the freezer this year. God bless.
garett first deer 2017 3 by David LeTourneau, on Flickr
garett first deer 2017 1 by David LeTourneau, on Flickr
garett first deer 2017 2 by David LeTourneau, on Flickr
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

Wow the kids are doing great today! Great story and shooting!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

You guys are having some fun this year! Excellent!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Not sure how I missed this, but as usual, congratulations to ALL!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: