Possible Purchase

Started by apeters24, March 13, 2015, 07:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

QuoteI'm sure there will be some sort of agreement or trade I'll have to make to get some from DL! We'll see what the terms are.
Really!!! were there any "terms" to the two hundred dollars worth of trapping stuff your were given to start trapping. I even tried to give you a shotgun once!!!!! Words hurt Ashlee! And to think I let you partially skin my otter!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

apeters24

I was going to let this post go, but I just can't...

Quote from: davidlt89;138211Really!!! were there any "terms" to the two hundred dollars worth of trapping stuff your were given to start trapping.

Counting those pennies, aren't ya?  I'll start adding up my contributions, mister.  

Oh, you're welcome for bringing dinner tonight!   *Cha ching..  It's going up!

Quote from: davidlt89;138211I even tried to give you a shotgun once!!!!

Two weeks later he was going to give me a deal.  "I'll sell it to you for $100.  It's a steal!"  (He just sold it to "Joe Schmo" for $110)  Good to know WE stand $10 closer than complete strangers!  

Quote from: davidlt89;138211And to think I let you partially skin my otter!!!

Partially?  At least 75%!  Hole FREE!  :biggthumpup:

davidlt89

QuoteOh, you're welcome for bringing dinner tonight! *Cha ching.. It's going up!
was that a hot and ready from big cheese pizza for 5.00.

And you had your chance at the shotgun!!!! AND the guy that bought it I know, thank you very much!!!
QuotePartially? At least 75%! Hole FREE!
That is true, but you didnt mention the 7lbs of meat you left on it;) and should we get to the fleshing part:lipsrsealed: Oh Ashlee, Ashlee, Ashlee..... so young!
QuoteGranted I'm not sure many know much about guns, in general, they just shoot them!
I think someone told you that! do you remember? He is incredibly good looking....ringing any bells?:biggthumpup: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

apeters24

Got a chance to do a little shooting yesterday afternoon with my new purchase.  All in all, I'm pretty pleased.  I did run across a possible issue, which maybe someone could give me an idea of what it could be.

After pulling back the slide, gearing up for my first shot, I was displeased to hear a "click."  So, I pulled back again, noticing the bullet was indeed in the chamber.  Pulling back further ejected that round and replaced it with the next.  I pulled up and fired again, with success.  I figured maybe it was just a fluke.  

Again, I filled the mag, pulled back and "click."  Same procedure - I pulled back again to release the one currently in the chamber, and finished off.  Out of curioursity, I didn't fill the mag the next time around.  Still, same results.

It just seems strange to me that each time the first round resulted in a misfire.  Yet, there was no other issues in firing with what remaimed.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

gitano

I'm not familiar with the pistol, BUT... THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE! If it doesn't rectify itself VERY SOON, you should take it back to the store and demand either a new pistol or repair. PERIOD. That is unacceptable performance. ONE time is a 'fluke'. Multiple, successive times is a PROBLEM.

My first suggestion was what you already did: Don't fully load the magazine. Assuming that the pressure of the full mag on the bottom of the bolt was slowing it down just enough to keep it from going fully into battery.

My second suggestion is to "slam" the back of the slide with your hand attempting to bring it fully into battery. I only suggest this to see if it works. If it does, then SOMETHING needs to be 'fixed'. If it doesn't, then there's something more significant wrong.

One other suggestion: If it doesn't fire the first round, pick the round up after it is ejected, reload the magazine and keep trying with a FULL mag. Again, this is diagnostic. If it will NEVER fire the first round out of the mag, there's something wrong, and you should get  a pistol that works EVERY TIME.

I'd already be back at the store.

Paul

PS - I have one other suggestion: Once it starts firing, fire a full magazine as fast as you can pull the trigger. Do this three or four or five times. Then see if it fires the first one. If it does, it just needed to be "shot in". If it doesn't, TAKE IT BACK!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

apeters24

Thanks, Paul!  

Hoping it's just something as simple as it needing to have a few rounds through it!! I really like everything else about the pistol!

sakorick

Something that I have never heard of before. My first question would be, is the firing pin making a small dent in the primer? I just keep shaking my worn out brain and nothing registers. I agree with Paul......you need to take it back ASAP.....let them sort it out.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: