ever Action
7 (23.3%)
ump Action
1 (3.3%)
elf Loader
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

22hornet

I'm a bolt action fan from way back, Suppose its because its what a grow up with.
I never really taken by lever actions untill I bought my Savage 99. Now I'm all turned around by the idea. I still own more bolt rifles than levers but the lever has got to be my favourite action for my deer, goats and pig hunting.

Whats yours?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

22hornet

I should also point out that Self Loaders, for the most part, are banned in OZ!:stare:
So are pump action shotguns but pump action rifles are OK!:confused:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

I have some levers, but I favor the bolts. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

Depends on what I'm doing.

Most of the time I prefer a bolt, but I'll sometimes hunt with a lever.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

bowhunter 51

Bolt action.......too many moving parts in the lever action, IMO....just
seems more practical...the more moving parts and connectors the fewer
the potential malfunctions, however, does seem to be smoother than
bolt actions....also the lever itself seems a bit more likely to hang-up on
brush and vines as any ring design would...even with that, the 30/30
lever actions have always been considered idea as close-range brush
guns in my neck of the woods...

Can't imagine why semi's and pump shotguns would be prohibited in OZ..
Could it be they are considered sinister by Australians?....and then there
are the silencers, illegal here in the States...strange, the way different
countries have come about their regulations of firearms:undecided: .................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

rockinbbar

That was a hard one!

I love bolts, and levers. Always have...

I also like single shots.

But, I've been using an AR platform for coyotes & truck gun for the last year...I must say that after the initial "getting used to it" factor, I use it as my go to gun for everything up to deer.

The reason I switched is because of the accuracy, and the abilty to get a quick follow-up shot on coyotes that come more than one to the stand....;)

It's excellent! (This is coming from someone that "looked down their nose" at AR's before.)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

subsonic

This was tough. I like all of them!

Had to go bolt-gun though, just because it makes for easy handloading and is probably the best choice for accuracy under most conditions.

What a about a single shot bolt action? :biggthumpup:

buckshot roberts

Being a lefty....it's lever......... but give me an old remington model 14, or a colt lighting... I'd use a pump..Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Brithunter

Ahhh my favorite is the one I am shooting or holding at that particular time :biggthumpup: however I should add the only lever operated rifles I have are of the Martini and Martini Francotte type and I happen to have two single shot bolt actions :biggthumpup: .
Go Get them Floyd!

RatherBHuntin

I enjoy shooting a lever more, but the bolt is just too practical with so many calibers and cartridges available to it, and the ease of cleaning, range of uses and all, it just trumps the levers.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

LvrLover

I know its a big surprise but my handle is "LvrLover". I do love them all but a lever most of all. Only exception would be for stuff that bites back. Then give me a controlled round bolt or a double rifle in .35 or bigger.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

babbyc1000

this relates to shotguns, i picked pump action; i use a semi auto benelli myself and wouldnt change it for the world, BUT i tend to get alot more jams and misfires with it (especially on light load cartridges) than when i use my friends mossberg pump action. PLUS you cant do the one handed cocking thing with a semi :)
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Mauserfan in TX

I voted for the bolt. After i went and took stock of what was in my cabinet, the bolt actions outnumbered everything else. Although i do love to take the Model 94 and 71 Winchesters out quite a bit.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

22hornet

Thanks guys,

I was expecting a bigger result from self loaders being a US base forum, but it goes to show that you never can tell.

rockinbbar

22hornet,

I think the only type semi I really care for is the AR platform.
I'm just not into them.

Accuracy is what gets my attention. Consistency & reliability is what keeps it.
My Ar's have all that.
I hope they are able to overcome some of the "black-gun" hype.

I know I did not care for them much til I educated myself. :)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Tags: