ingle shot
2 (4.4%)
ide-by-Side
17 (37.8%)
ver & Under
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

buckshot roberts

;) gitano, Sorry about that, when I started the poll, it was just semi-or-pump, but we added more, You know we just doin't post a lot about shotguns here, that is a nice look'n SXS you got, what model is it.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

It's the 28 ga. part of a Huglu "boxed set" - one receiver two bbl sets. The other set of bbls is in .410. Both are fine for ptarmigan, but I prefer the 28 for grouse. Ruffs seem to bust a little farther out, and while I understand that gauge doesn't buy you range/power, it does buy you pattern density at range.

Metaphorically speaking, I 'stole' the set. I bought it sight-unseen based on a recommendation of the web-friend that pointed to the dealer. When I opened the package at the store that provided the transferring FFL, a fellow there offered me twice what I paid, right on the spot. (Good thing my wife wasn't there at the time. ) The seller was a Huglu distributor getting out of the business, and we both had smiles on our faces with the deal. Here are a couple more of pictures of the gun.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

;) Hey, that is a very nice looking SXS shotgun you got their, thanks for the pic's, I've never used a 28ga.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Widlcat

That's a nice set, thanks for the photos.  I see your point regarding the 28 gauge, but I'm still more in the market for a 410 ... I know, I'm stubborn, I can't help it:rolleyes:!

Fortunate Son

I voted for the SxS but that is for hunting.  If it were defense/combat I want an auto....
Mike In MS
NRA For Life
Army For 30

Alboy

SxS is my choice. Shot all but autos to a great extent. Used to lean toward pumps for self defense and still recommend them to those that want to give bad guys on last chance to run when they hear the action cycle. Now for me the last chance to run is the "snick" of a safety coming off and the time is very short.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowshot

i love the look of a side by side and man its fun to feel the power when you rip both triggers

dgr416

I have 18 double barrels mostly 20 ga for grouse.I grew up with doubles and have not stopped in 35 years.I want a Browning sxs 20.I just missed one for $925.I mostly hunt with Russian Bikals they are awesome tough guns and shoot them better than any other gun except my winchester 24 20 ga.I have more bolt actions than auto 4 and 3.I love sxs they are my favorite.

Marlin917VS

I like my baikal 12 guage over under.  It's not as pretty looking as some of the more expensive guns, but I like it!  Fits good, its tough, and it's worked so far.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

kombi1976

I have no shot guns.
I don't hunt waterfowl and my small game hunting(rabbits and hares) are done with .22LR and .25-20 but I've used a SxS before and it was glorious!:D
A early BSA 12g from around the turn of the 20th century that kicked like a mule and left me bruised from the brass butt plate but all the same I could never buy anything else without a pang.
Ok, so most aren't as balanced as U/O and autos and pumps(heavily restricted here now) are faster with bigger mag capabilities and lower recoil but there is nothing like the look of a hunter returning from the field with his game in one hand & a SxS broken open over his shoulder.
I agree.
While U/Os look like something from Blade Runner, particularly with the action open and pumps and autos, especially the parkerised and synthetic models, look like a type of SWAT team weapon(cause they often are!), there is an ancient sort of power equated to SxS shotguns that doesn't translate to O/U and other breeds.
12g or 20g I'm happy with.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

PurcellSportingGoods.com

I've always been a fan of the pump and always preferred it over others....I think this orginally started because I am left-handed and it doesn't really matter with a pump...where as a bolt action I'd have to specifically get into a "left-handed" model...I always like the quickness of reloading with a pump too.

Adler249

i like pumps...i like having three shots with the amount of birds we have and having to slide the action back gives me time to calm myself between shots...i hit more birds then if i have a semi-auto...used one once and hated it...i kept trying to pull the action back and then would forget i could shoot again...just didnt feel right...felt like there was something else i should have been doing between shots...i could fire all three rounds of my pump ALOT quicker then i could that semi-auto...
Git-R-Done

davidlt89

I'll vote for the O/U!!! I started with a single shot stevens in 20ga. Really liked it and boy was it light, but when I started hunting more after I got out of the navy I started running into more grouse and the single shot was not cutting the mustard!!! leaving with one out of a flock was not sitting right with me. I then graduated to the pump and I used it for years. Started with a mossberg 500 and went to an ulti-mag 835. it was a great shotgun!!! then one of my friends let me hold his ruger red label and I had to get an O/U. was fascinated by having 2 shots with two pulls of the trigger and I did not like auto's!!!! started with a cheap O/U that did not have a barrel select switch so the bottom barrel would always go off first!! I was "blowing" birds up by not remembering the bottom barrel shot first. then I got a mossberg silver reserve with a top tang safety/barrel selecter! it was a good gun but cheaply made and It got "beat up" in the woods. so I sold it and put some more money together and bought a browning cynergy. Hands down the best shotgun I have ever owned. Very durable and well made! I am hooked on O/U's. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

KT29

Really enjoy my old Savage-stevens 20ga. SXS for grouse and pheasants.

crackalope

I've shot a Lefever 20 guage nitro special side by side for upland game all my life. was grandpa's then Dad's, then me. wouldn't know what to do with an over under. Dad had a Browning auto light 12 but as a lefty it didn't work for me. Older brother got the Parker 12. Stinkin' older brothers!

Tags: