You can "unquarantine" me.

Started by gitano, October 11, 2004, 06:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

It was a long night, but I am virus-free. Emails form me are not infected.

As a general rule, I do not accept emails with attachments from anybody unless I have been advised one is coming in. When I get an unannounced attachment-carrying email from someone I know, I usually check with them first before opening. On the flip-side, I try not to send attachment-carrying emails without notifying the recipient first.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I'm glad to hear that you're germ free. I won't tell you what I think that they should do to people that start thoes things.:(
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Quote from: HunterbugI'm glad to hear that you're germ free. I won't tell you what I think that they should do to people that start thoes things.:(
HB, well I will not hesitate to state what I think about those "morons"!

The following items are needed and necessary.....................

1.  90-100# iron anvil
2.  8# sledge hammer

Instructions.

Place morons fingers on top of anvil..........you can take it from there!  

Thats just the penalty for FIRST OFFENCE...............!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Jay Edward (deceased)

Good to hear...when some one says that they have a virus my mental image is a computer filled with  those beetles that they used in The Mummy.

Hunterbug

Jay, it's funny that you should say that. My brother-in-law used to work at a local electronics store. Some woman had broght her 6 month old VCR in for repare so they sent it in to the shop. The shop returned the VCR heavily wrapped in shrink wrap with the following info.

The VCR is infested with cockroaches! This voids the warrente. The woman simply picke up the vcr like it was no big deal and left. He also said tha they could see the roaches crawling around under the shrink wrap.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

All kidding aside, if I EVER get within arm's reach of one of those sons of bachelors it will be a very bad day for both of us.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Successfulhunts.com

Good morning, Git.
My condolences. I get about a dozen anti-hunters a week trying to send me infected emails and attachments because of my website.  Lucky I have a great anti-virus software and run a virus check about 3 times a week.
Glad to hear everything is back to normal.
Success

Dragonfly

Glad to hear you are viri free Gitano.

My virus protection caught a trojan this morning coming in with an email and killed it!!! :D

These viri starters and trojan boys need to be out somewhere in the desert digging holes to keep their hands busy.  With out a computer within 1000miles.

Hondo you've got the right idea!!!

Alboy

I hate getting into senior memory ites. Some years ago, maybe five, one of the real nasty ones went around that zipped a lot of putes. I think it was the "LOVE" by name.

Any way I cherish the memory of a cartoonist, nationally syndicated by the way, who was a died in the wool tree huggin liberal we should empty death row they are all misunderstood little darlins type of thinker.

He had his entire memory of cartoons ate by the virus, lost it all. He also publically and nationally suggested the death sentence if the perp was ever caught. Inforces my belief that the bleeding hearts are only that way till the chickens come home to roost.

For the record I think Hondo John is a lot on the too easy side for deliberate offenders of this nature. In case you are interested they have cost me 4 computers in the last 3 years.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Dragonfly

OH my Alboy...4? What kind of virus protection do you have?

We have three.  We bought McAfee, then Microsoft has one that it updates from time to time and our server has one too.

A little rule of thumb if you think a viri has gotten into your computer is to do a restore of your computer.  Search restore program and it will restore to the date you want.  Then after you have restored your computer run a virus scan. The restore from your computer does NOT delete files, etc.

Successfulhunts.com

Good advice, Dragonfly.

Alboy, you have an eloquant way with words. Very well said.
Success

Dragonfly

HELLO Successful!!!:D  Good to see you here again and to talk to you again...!!!!

Hope everything is well with you!!! :D

Vacant

All of the computers my dad and I work on are protected by Norton 2004. I believe it to be, hands down, the best virus protection softward out there. It downloads virus definitions daily to keep up to date with all the losers making them. It is costly, but will save your computer! It will also scan all incoming/outgoing emails for viruses to make sure you arent sending them out, or getting one on accident from someone else. You can also set it up to scan at cetain times of the day or night when you arent on the computer.

But hey, anything is better than nothing. Glad you got it worked out Gitano.

Randy

Successfulhunts.com

Greetings, Dragonfly! As always it is great to talk with you again also. This website crash really had me wondering. Thank you to everyone who got it back up and going.

Life has been good. Getting ready for our trip to Montana hunting and been doing a little consulting work so life has been good.

How is life with you?
Success

Dragonfly

Life is fine Successful!!! I'm getting ready to leave in the morning for Upper E TN/Western NC.  I'm anxious to see the fall folage in the Smokey Mountain range. :D

Glad you are getting geared up for a fun hunting trip!!!;)

Tags: