The Beaver Chronicles!

Started by davidlt89, April 14, 2013, 12:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Skun a raccoon this morning, went to worship band at church, then went to he traps!!! The first pond had nothing, but  the second pond was a different story all together. Got to the dam and my trap right by it was set off with nothing in it. Then I seen where they were doing some work and put about 30# of mud on my wire which pulled the trap off of the stabilizer. I reset it, put the wire behind my sticks, and commenced to go around the dam.

As I started walking around I was looking where my framed trap was, it was only 20 yards away!!! something did not seem right, then it dawned on me the frame was gone!!! That was a good thing since a beaver would really have to be in the trap to move it.

filled with a little excitement, I kept going around the dam and made my way by the house and check the trap right by it. this little fella was nestled in the trap.

So, I left him there and went to look at my framed trap. I was concentrating so hard on where the trap was, I almost did not notice this big fella floating in the water.

I was pretty excited, all three traps set off and my first double on beaver. that makes 4 beaver out of this pond since friday!!!! here is a pic of the two together once the traps were reset.

I also took a couple more pics for you fella's, one of the house, and one of the pond where you can see the dam going around it.

was a good trip in. the big beaver weighs at least 50lbs if he is a pound, I am betting more. I cramed him into my pack basket, put it on, grabbed the kit and headed back to the truck. The walk to the truck is a little over a quarter mile probably, and being serious, is all uphill. It almost killed me;), but I made it. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

JaDub

Man , those guys are really making a MESS   !!

gitano

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures, JaDub!

If you keep this up, David, yur gonna make me jealous. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteMan , those guys are really making a MESS !!
Yes they do!!! this land is owned by a lady in new york who has it cut every 30 years!!! I am betting she would not like the beaver are doing!!!
QuoteIf you keep this up, David, yur gonna make me jealous.
Got a lot more beaver to catch for that to happen!:biggthumpup:
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: